Mynx Hair

Author
BeautfulSecrets View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by girltoronto girltoronto wrote:

WOW!!!
Ggirl look what you done started!!

This is so broken telephone!!!

See what happens when a bunch of sistahs sit in a room?

IT is NOT hair from a YAK!!! It is made to duplicate the texture from a yak!! It is a figure of speech--- Another way for "the man" to try to insult our beauty[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

You girls crack me up

Right! The hair does NOT COME FROM YAK!!! It is illegal to sell animal hair and call it "human hair" ! "Yaki" is just the name of the texture, it has nothing to do with the type of actual hair being used. I have too often seen people confuse the term "remy". Remy does NOT mean the hair is unprocessed. I just means the cuticles are not stripped and are properly facing the natural direction. Unprocessed hair is "Virgin" virgin hair is not colored, nor is it permed. Very few of you have any use for "Virgin"' hair unless you are a hairstylist and are planning to color and or perm the hair your self. Yes there are some indian women with curly hair. But most of the hair suppliers, especially wig factories do not purchase curly hair as it is less versatile. If you are wearing a curly wig it is remy but it is NOT virgin. If you are wearin a Yaki wig, it is Remy but NOT virgin. If you asked for s specific hair color, even 1 or 1/b you were given color processed hair. Again, remy but NOT virgin. If you request virgin hair, you have no control over the color or texture, they just try to match it up as much as possible. I hope this clears things up. I know this has all been mentioned before.
Sponsored Links

ggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by ggirl ggirl wrote:

I'll take a stab at it...I believe Yaki comes from an animal called a yak and sometimes yak hair is mixed in with silkier hair (this is what I've heard).  to make it seem coarse.  I think the term "Yaki" is also used for hair that has been processed to appear coarse.  I'm not really familiar enough with the process to talke about it but there have been some threads on here that talk about the process for making hair coarser....HTH!!!

Didn't mean to get you guys in an uproar That's why I said this is what I've heard.  I've heard it from vendors and people selling hair when I ask them about their yaki hair versus others yaki hair...this is not meant to be fact

I also said the term is used for hair that is processed to be coarse.

Edited by ggirl - Apr 09 2006 at 2:22pm
girltoronto View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:20pm
Thank you beautiful... I'm going to copy your answer for the wigs.126 thread... we were asking about this
sgezine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:26pm
Well when I was in beauty school they told my yaki hair came from a yak, there was a picture of a yak in the book. As far as "human yaki" who knows but I seriously doubt anyone is policing the human hair trade from the China to the U.S . 
ggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:30pm
Yeah - I've heard that several times but I have no idea how true it is.  I know the hair from china was processed that's why it's called light yaki for the light processing done to make it coarse.
Xx YoungLady xX View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:43pm
oh my goodness.  so it's not really human hair, it's animal hair?  Oh my goodness. i cna't stop saying oh my goodness.  i'm going to have to continue doing some research on this. No WONDER we get weave puff!! I doubt any of these yaks take the time to condition their hair on a regular basis.  I just can't believe that.  Oh my...

LOLthat was funny lol
mahogany814 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:47pm
BS- Thanks for that explanation....I think I am one of the people who confuses remy and virgin hair!  I have used this in the same sentence - no wonder those Chinese vendors are confused by what I ask for!
sgezine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Xx YoungLady xX Xx YoungLady xX wrote:

oh my goodness.  so it's not really human hair, it's animal hair?  Oh my goodness. i cna't stop saying oh my goodness.  i'm going to have to continue doing some research on this. No WONDER we get weave puff!! I doubt any of these yaks take the time to condition their hair on a regular basis.  I just can't believe that.  Oh my...

LOLthat was funny lol

if they say it's human I guess it is, maybe they should describe it as yaki textured human hair.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by chuladi chuladi wrote:

If you get Indian Remy yaki hair, it does not come from a yak... they have special equipment that "texturizes" the hair to make it coarse.

LOL that was freaking me out b/c i'm thinking i've never heard that b4.. i know its human hair and that they use a certain technique that puts all them little crimps in the hair to make it course, and i don't like yaki b/c of those crimps.. but that yak animal is the first i've ever heard..
BeautfulSecrets View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 6:56pm

I'll take a stab at it...I believeYaki comes from an animal called a yak and sometimes yak hair is mixed in with silkier hair (this is what I've heard). to make it seem coarse. I think the term "Yaki" is also used for hair that has been processed to appear coarse. I'm not really familiar enough with the process to talke about it but there have been some threads on here that talk about the process for making hair coarser....HTH!!!

Didn't mean to get you guys in an uproar That's why I said this is what I've heard. I've heard it from vendors and people selling hair when I ask them about their yaki hair versus others yaki hair...this is not meant to be fact

I also said the term is used for hair that is processed to be coarse.

Sorry Ggirl!

I wasn't tryin to jump on ya! I was just lashing out at the 20 emails I get a week of people argueing that I'm tryin to sell them yaks hair! hehe LOL! You know all of your help is appreciated!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic