FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is Washington DC like? is it safe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Can you tell me some info on DC? I have read the generic stuff off the net but I would like more info especially if you live/work or go there often. 

I was okay until I read that it was a murder capital city. *screams*
Apparently there are a lot of crackheads on the street who will make your life hell
They (the crackheads) are also on the metro 
People walking around with pistols

What is safe/ not safe? 
Is there a website that tells you if an area is safe? like in UK, we have 'up my street' site where you can check a location. 

Many thanks. 
I dont mean to laugh at you  but LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:29am
Funny, this thread popped up because I am going to be in DC next weekend.. 
So, basically, I shouldn't drive in DC, right? Honestly, the DC travel package i got included a car (so, yeah I will have that car regardless (even if I removed the car. there would be no deduction in price)).. Basically, I was going to just park it at the hotel.. I will be staying in downtown DC..

Edited by EasterBell - Jan 02 2013 at 8:30am
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:48am
Easter, if you're staying downtown then there really is no point in driving IMO. The traffic makes my head hurt and you'll be close to plenty of metro stops. It's good to have a car for nighttime but DC's parking rules and restrictions are to ridiculous for the daytime. Downtown, you have to pay to park until 10 pm, Monday through Saturday. Leave it at the hotel unless you really need to drive somewhere or just can't bear the cold.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Easter, if you're staying downtown then there really is no point in driving IMO. The traffic makes my head hurt and you'll be close to plenty of metro stops. It's good to have a car for nighttime but DC's parking rules and restrictions are to ridiculous for the daytime. Downtown, you have to pay to park until 10 pm, Monday through Saturday. Leave it at the hotel unless you really need to drive somewhere or just can't bear the cold.
Thanks BB.. Yeah, I'm just going to park it at the hotel.. Don't see myself using it .. or I may just bite the bullet and just not pick it up when I fly in next week. Trying to decide..
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:56am
It is dangerous, its on the list at 21

Thursday, the FBI released their list of the top 25 most dangerous cities in America; the most recent report reveals that overall crime is down across the United States and is currently at a five-year low.

Each year, the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) compiles the data collection of crime in the US, which includes violent crimes, rapes and robberies. The report only includes cities that have at least 100,000 residents.

A violent crime is described as “murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault” according to the FBI.

This year Flint, Michigan topped the list with 2,337 violent crimes per 100,000 people; 83 forcible rapes were reported per 100,000 people in Flint over the last year.

Detroit, Michigan came in second place on the list of the most dangerous cities in America with 2,137 violent crimes per 100,000 people, and 48.2 murders per 100,000 people took place over the last year in Detroit.

Saint Louis, Missouri came in third place with 1,857 violent crimes per 100,000 people, and 58.7 forcible rapes per 100,000 people.

Oakland, California was in fourth place with 1,683 violent crimes per 100,000 people, and 26.3 murders per 100,000 people over the last year.

Memphis, Tennessee was in fifth place with 1,584 violent crimes per 100,000 people, and 61 forcible rapes per 100,000 people.

The rest of the list of the most dangerous cities in 2012:

6. Little Rock, Arkansas – 1,490 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
7. Birmingham, Alabama – 1,483 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
8. Atlanta, Georgia – 1,433 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
9. Baltimore, Maryland – 1,417 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
10. Stockton, California – 1,408 violent crimes per 100,000 people
11. Rockford, Illinois – 1,373 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
12. Cleveland, Ohio – 1,366 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
13. New Haven, Connecticut – 1,344 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
14. Hartford, Conecticut – 1,311 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
15. Buffalo, New York – 1,238 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
16. Kansas City, Missouri – 1,200 violent crimes per 100,000.
17. Miami, Florida – 1,198 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
18. Philadelphia, Pennsyvania– 1,193 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
19. Nashville, Tennesse – 1,181 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
20. Newark, New Jersey – 1,166 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
21. Washington, D.C. – 1,130 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
22. Indianapolis, Indiana – 1,101 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
23. Springfield, Illinois – 1,096 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
24. Orlando, Florida – 1,073 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
25. Baton Rouge, Louisiana – 1,066 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

To see the 2010 list of the most dangerous cities in the US, click here.

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click on the subscribe button above to receive an email when new articles are published by this

Edited by Bunnyahh - Jan 02 2013 at 8:58am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Thanks BB.. Yeah, I'm just going to park it at the hotel.. Don't see myself using it .. or I may just bite the bullet and just not pick it up when I fly in next week. Trying to decide..

yeah drive it at night

you will have pay to park it, I assume

might as well use it
MissCapricorn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCapricorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:08am
^^but it's not really dangerous in the tourist areas.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:21am
My hometown is in the top 2 Cry I am not surprised

I thought DC was a really pleasant place to be when I visited my sister. I mean, yeah, there's crackheads but its kind of part of of the bkgd and they mostly stay out of the touristy areas. Just look like you know where you are going and don't make eye contact. they seem to not really touch you, which is nice...the ones where I live are really bold and will follow you.

There is this one website that you type in your location, and then where you want to go, and it tells you how to get there on the metro. that's really nice.

if you're worried, stay in the tourist areas. the police and stuff make sure that it's pretty secure.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:27am
What's ya country self gonna be doing in DC, Easter?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

What's ya country self gonna be doing in DC, Easter?
LOLLOL

Angry  i ain't country!!

Since you trying to be nosey though.. DC next weekend will be a very epic weekend for the ladies of the 1913.. it will be a #CrimsonTakeOver LOL My country self just trying to be in the mix.

Edited by EasterBell - Jan 02 2013 at 1:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System