Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the most best homemade exfoliation/toner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhat is the most best homemade exfoliation/toner

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
adrz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the most best homemade exfoliation/toner
    Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 5:00pm
Uh?  I would like know...I am tired of wasting money on chemicals. What is the best homemade recipe work for senstive/oily skin 
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2010 at 5:29pm
I like rosewater myself.  I purchase mine at the Indian grocers.  It cost around 2 USD.  There are recipes online to make your own.  Another one I like using is witch hazel, especially the one made by D!ckerson.  Thayers is pretty good also but I think I was reacting to that one.  I don't know my skin was acting crazy several months back.  I have heard that apple cider vinegar toner works but I never tried it.  Basically you mix apple cider vinegar with some water, either 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 in water/vinegar ratio.  I never tried it yet but I am liking witch hazel or rosewater so far.  My face is healing slowly but surely.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2010 at 5:33pm
I also forgot that some people use lavender water, I have this also and it feels nice.  I added a little bit of glycerin in mine to help retain moisture in my moisturizer when I apply it.  But plain lavender water is just as good but you want to be careful with adding anything.  Just pick something that is simple as possible to eliminate the possibility of something irritating your face.
MilionDollaGirL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2010 at 5:19pm
use some fresh lemons and water clears ur skin up.. or you can get a bottle of peroxide and dab some on ur face with a cotton ball .. helps relieve irritation. also you can try biore deep cleansing scrub, really good
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 8:16pm
I always use plain warm oatmeal mixed with honey and cinnamon. The oatmeal helps dry up the excess oil, the honey helps restore moisture, and the cinnamon lightly exfolates the skin, as well as reduce the size of inflamation. This is what works for me.
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 8:17pm
^^ I forgot to mention that I let it sit on my face for about 15-20 mins, or until it gets hard. Then I wash it off with warm water. I use Apple Cidar Vinegar as a toner sometimes as well.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 8:58pm
I use to mix olive oil and sugar   :)
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic