Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What is normal for weight loss?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is normal for weight loss?
    Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 11:03pm
I'm on day two of my serious dieting and exercising. I'm trying to stay at around 1,500-1,600 calories a day, with a morning walk/jog (1 hr) and a shorter evening walk. I'm also working on building muscle about 2 days out of the week. So far, I feel like I'm STARVING. I know people say that sometimes your body mistakes thirst for hunger, but for the life of me, in all the years I've tested this theory, it seems it just doesn't work the same for me. No matter how much water I drink, I'm always still feeling hunger pains. I know I've drastically cut my calories, so of course I should be hungry, but I'm in no way starving myself and still continue to end the day with three meals and even one or two snack meals. I'm taking L-Carnitine to help my body convert fat into energy, since this is so hard for my body to accomplish on its own, and I'm drinking green tea with my meals to further speed my fast metabolism. Full-fat foods help stave off hunger longer than low-fat ones, but even full-fat doesn't curb my appetite. I've considered Slim Fast, but I know it won't keep me from being hungry.

I've never dieted before so I have no idea what this should be like. Does this mean my body's actually burning off fat for once? Or am I actually starving myself, considering my metabolism is incredibly fast? I've got around 10lbs to lose in a month, but am I going into this too quickly? Should I stop trying to speed up my metabolism rather than eating more? And if this is how a diet normally feels, will I eventually stop being so dang hungry??? I'm determined to get this weight off as soon as possible, and I feel like I'll be able to get over being hungry if it means I'm going to be able to achieve that. But if this much hunger I'm feeling all day long means I'm actually hurting my body, I'd like to slow down on my cuts and do it the healthier way.

I'd like to get some more opinions from all you girls. Tell me what your first experience with dieting was and how you went about it, as well as some other ways that help you keep hunger at bay.
Sponsored Links

27chanela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27chanela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 11:50pm
First off your AVI is soooooo cute.

10 lbs in a month is a great goal. As far as you starving how much of your diet is protein and how much of it is carbs? More protein will cut back on your hunger. Also how intense are your workouts and how many days a week are you working out? The more intense and harder your workout the more calories you need (I learned that the hard way) you might need more calories. To Lose Weight You have to EAT! Also use a calorie counter to track your food intake. Not cause of calories cause they help you see what food are helping you reach your goal (for instance eating eggs I felt fuller longer than when I ate the cereal so now I don't eat cereal for breakfast anymore and eggs are more nutrient dense than processed cereals Thumbs Up) that way you can tailor your diet to fit your needs. Limit your processed foods they tend to bloat the stomach try to stay as close to nature as possible.

But reading your post losing weight Isn't going to be hard for you cause you have a great metabolism So genetics is on your side. LOL

Good Luck!!

NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by 27chanela 27chanela wrote:

First off your AVI is soooooo cute.

10 lbs in a month is a great goal. As far as you starving how much of your diet is protein and how much of it is carbs? More protein will cut back on your hunger. Also how intense are your workouts and how many days a week are you working out? The more intense and harder your workout the more calories you need (I learned that the hard way) you might need more calories. To Lose Weight You have to EAT! Also use a calorie counter to track your food intake. Not cause of calories cause they help you see what food are helping you reach your goal (for instance eating eggs I felt fuller longer than when I ate the cereal so now I don't eat cereal for breakfast anymore and eggs are more nutrient dense than processed cereals Thumbs Up) that way you can tailor your diet to fit your needs. Limit your processed foods they tend to bloat the stomach try to stay as close to nature as possible.

But reading your post losing weight Isn't going to be hard for you cause you have a great metabolism So genetics is on your side. LOL

Good Luck!!

Lol Thank you! I get plenty of protein (I'm doing NBE, so I make sure I get at least 60-80g of protein a day, even more on heavy workout days). I planned on working out every day, but I've decided every few days I'm going to give my body a break and just walk for like half an hour. I'm using a calorie tracker (myFitnessPal app), and I usually come in around 1,500-1,600 calories a day. If you subtract calories burned from exercise, I'm bringing in 1,000-1,200 calories a day (on average). I'm just not sure if that might be too low for my metabolism and muscle mass. :( I'm getting less dire hunger pains now that I'm adjusting to eating less, but I'm still always hungry. I'm even still drinking full fat milk and eating fruit chews that are supposed to help suppress hunger, and nothing's working. Guess this'll just be a hungry month for me. ^^;
27chanela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27chanela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 5:52pm
Well try the 1600 calories for 2 week and if you get results then your good but I still feel you need more calories than that. Your metabolism is fast and when you cut back on your calories your body goes into fat storage mode cause it thinks you're starving. which can hinder your weight loss. Try the 1600 calories and if its not working add 100 calories. 
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 1:36pm
It's been over a week now and I've actually GAINED weight from irregularity problems again. Haven't lost a pound from diet and exercise, and I should be losing at least 2lbs a week. I'm no longer starving like I'm dying (I think that was just because I normally eat so much), but I've been at a net of 1,200 calories a day. With my metabolism, I should be losing fairly quickly. I already know my body has problems burning fat, so I bought L-Carnitine, and I feel like even that isn't working. Is it normal to not lose any weight in the beginning even if you're doing everything right???
27chanela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27chanela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 2:46pm
OK you gained weight cause your feels like its staving (at a cellular level ) so whatever you eat its storing it. you need to eat to move the scale. and because your working out your body really needs calories. But It also could be muscle. take your body fat percentage or measurements to see if that's where your losing you could be losing inches in stead of pounds.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2012 at 11:18am
Originally posted by 27chanela 27chanela wrote:

OK you gained weight cause your feels like its staving (at a cellular level ) so whatever you eat its storing it. you need to eat to move the scale. and because your working out your body really needs calories. But It also could be muscle. take your body fat percentage or measurements to see if that's where your losing you could be losing inches in stead of pounds.

When I said I gained weight, I also said it was from irregularity problems. Getting a little "backed up". I originally lost about 5-6lbs from getting on probiotics, and had run out for about a week or so. My body doesn't store fat that fast at all. Regardless, I've looked it up and the average BMR for someone my age is about 1,400 calories a day (cals I burn without moving all day). That's also only taking my weight into consideration, but since most of my weight is pure muscle with very little fat, it will actually be even higher. Given my pretty lax lifestyle and huge regular daily intake (probably between 2-4,000 calories a day before dieting) and the fact that I still had trouble putting weight on with those conditions, I estimate my body probably burns around 1,800-2,000 calories. So I've just begun upping my calories to 1,500 net a day.

Somehow, I'm slowly looking thinner and thinner, but am not seeing any changes on the scale, so I can't really tell if it's just wishful thinking or what. :/ We'll see. My stomach wraps are starting to slowly get rid of my lower belly pooch already, so hopefully I'll have a flat tummy soon. I'm also trying to get in 5 bottles of water everyday just to be sure I'm not retaining excess water (I'm going to the beach Saturday, need to be sure I look my best!) I don't feel like I'm starving too much now, but maybe I'll feel even less like it with my new calorie intake. MyFitnessPal is throwing me off because of it, so I'm just gonna stop using it so seriously and just use it to count calories, protein and such (every time I end the day, now it's telling me I'll have gained weight in 5 weeks, but I know that's just not true).

This weight loss stuff is so hard. =_=
seanjackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanjackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 5:29am

Leave a maximum of three hours between meals. This ensures your metabolic rate doesn't fluctuate.

Malt1400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malt1400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 1:51am
Carbs are very useful in losing weight.They provide energy for the entire body.And for 
those men looking to lose weight.This in turn can lead to greater 
weight loss and reduce appetite while Protein allows men to build strong muscles and 
bones and is key for growth and immunity.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply