Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Types
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is my hair type and how can I get it to be...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What is my hair type and how can I get it to be...

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
vivawired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivawired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is my hair type and how can I get it to be...
    Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 10:12pm
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum closely and I know exactly what type of hair do I have and the texture of it?

For example: Is it 4a,4b, or 4c and Fine, Coarse, or Medium -- etc.

Also, how can I get it to be more curly. I probably have about 7 good curls in my hair, trust me I know, I play in my hair constantly, it may be a nervous condition or whatever lol. 

I tex-ed it last month, June 5th, with S-Curl's Comb Thru texturizer. Probably, let it on there the whole time.

I also use Care Free Curl and Pink Lotion daily, but the curls don't seem to be forming like I want them to.
I also wash it bi-weekly with Head and Shoulders.

Should I tex it again? Anybody products I should use?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 10:20pm
Your texture looks like 4b.  Are these pics before or after you tex-laxed?
vivawired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivawired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 10:26pm
It's after I tex-ed it (tex-laxed??) -- I don't have any before pictures since I didn't really care about my hair until now, it's such an interesting topic lol
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 8:04am
You will only know your true hair type without it's texture chemically being altered.

However, based on these pictures I'd say 4B.

As for pink lotion, I never liked that stuff, even when I curlpermed I avoided it, it felt dry on my hands and didn't do anything for moisture in my opinion , it's probably good for sealing the moisture after applying a moisturizer.

If you are seeking curls through a chemical way I guess you could wait a few months and then go for a curly perm with perm rods.

But if you are seeking curls the natural way (if you grow out and chop the texturized ends, or gradually trim), then there are styles that can be done to achieve it. They just won't last as long as a curl perm does.

If you do get clumped curls while wet then perhaps a gel with a strong hold might help them clump.

Also your hair is very short at the moment so if any curls are to show up it might need more length.
vivawired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivawired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 12:54pm
Thank you so much?

Can I seal the moisture in with hot six oil? 
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 6:16am
You're welcome.
I guess since it's an oil you can use it to seal in the moisture. Just make sure your hair is damp and not wet when you seal the moisture in.
missmwende View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmwende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:24pm
I'm not sure if you have 4a,4b, or 4c type hair but if you have one of those hair types then you probably have coarse hair. People with fine hair have straight or curly mixed hair. People with medium hair types have kinky mixed hair.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:05pm

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply