BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What is happening on here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is happening on here?
    Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 8:28pm
Why has the membership dwindled to like 10 people? Is the Internet forum formula in danger overall? Is there a need that bhm is not addressing that makes people flock to other boards?

I would like for bhm to make it cause the prospect of daily browsing through threads that explore fascinating topics along the lines of "What does it really mean to be a redbone" on that other site simply does not appeal to me. Something needs to be done here! Have the owners thrown in the towel already?
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 8:58pm
*IG destroyed internet forums, FB & Twitter before the even knew it.

/thread
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

/thread

But Facebook and Twitter are completely different modes of communication. I don't understand how it would eliminate the need for forums. You can't discuss anything in depth on Twitter. Facebook is for your family and friends. As for IG, I'm not familiar with it.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Why has the membership dwindled to like 10 people? Is the Internet forum formula in danger overall? Is there a need that bhm is not addressing that makes people flock to other boards?
Because what could've been considered a decently tight knit group of people were burned for the last time by drama thirsty trolls, some have outside interests/lifestyles that don't permit frequent posting and some (myself included) have chosen to meet posters through other platforms (IG, tumblr, FB, etc). I prefer the latter as it's more of who/what I like and none of what I don't. It's supportive and uplifting, really.

No. I don't personally think so. People will always want to gather and discuss ideas/topics. In the same vein, there will always be those that want to bring a negative energy to that for whatever reason.

Good question, Jolie. I've not got an answer for that one.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

/thread

But Facebook and Twitter are completely different modes of communication. I don't understand how it would eliminate the need for forums. You can't discuss anything in depth on Twitter. Facebook is for your family and friends. As for IG, I'm not familiar with it.

i used to be in 3 FB hair groups that were primarily BHM members discussing hair tips & photos. I unjoined all but 1 though. There are a lot of FB groups that are BHM members discussing TTT style topics.

Twitter had become the resource for celeb gossip that was being reposted in TTT. Now IG has taken a bite from each + a bite of the youtube crowd and people have low attention spans and want quick, small pieces of info instead of reading 30 page threads for info and IG satisfies that for them. I stopped reading long BHM threads a long time ago b/c of a low attention span for online media and im sure that im not the only one. I read the subject line then skim over the last 2 pages of a thread then comment &  move on.

Same way that the 24 hour news cycle and twitter posts from news outlets destroyed news shows and news magazines like Newsweek & newspapers. Give me the headline and im good, if it is relevant to me or piques my interest, i will click and read the full article.

BHM is always slow in the summer and around holidays, so it is dead, but not that dead imo. lol
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (23) Thanks(23)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:36pm
I think it's also due to the fact that posting here is nearly impossible. 
People get tired of having to copy all  of their posts and cross ingtheir fingers every time they hit the Post Reply button.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:37pm
i didnt think ppl had posting problems anymore.. 
on f2 and f3 its fine (i thought..) 
like how forum2 and forum3 were. but i do agree that when the posting issues first started.. some people faded away. 
And some new-ish members probably dont know about f2 and f3. 
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:39pm
lots of trolls and lack of interesting topics.
cough
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:43pm
Interesting feedback, ladies. I guess I don't have much of an imprint on the net and there are factors that I don't understand well. Didn't even know you could access hair groups on FB for instance...
I guess having been on here for a number of years, I've gotten used to the place and seeing it dwindle like this does not feel good. I don't think it will ever get back to how it used to be.

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:45pm

Interesting feedback, ladies. I guess I don't have much of an imprint on the net and there are factors that I don't understand well. Didn't even know you could access hair groups on FB for instance...
I guess having been on here for a number of years, I've gotten used to the place and seeing it dwindle like this does not feel good. I don't think it will ever get back to how it used to be.

ive been here for 10 yrs. its cyclical and dynamic. has its good years and its bad. i actually love the way that ttt is right now. no major trolling, no major fazing. Easy to find interesting threads and a lot of the posters with good topics/comments are still posting. i like it like this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic