Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is a virgin nowadays?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

What is a virgin nowadays?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>






Author
Tressa View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 06 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3769
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:37pm
Several years ago a Cosemetologist mag.. gave an in depth story about the chemicalization of animal hair and the parody of passing it off to African American women as "human". They were run out of business after that article.
 Yet another article stated that although women in China and Indian sell their hair by the truckloads..there simply wasn't enough to satisfy the multi billion dollar demand.  They will sell what ever "we" create.   We had a vendor actually tell us that there are two types of hair..Chinese and Indian. That's it/ That's all. I was in Peru..they ain't selling hair..and if they did..their sanitation isn't the best..they are in a third world state...Dead...

Every now and then a Brazilian woman will sell her hair.  But more often than not they won't.  Once upon a time, a company in Spain made the most divine lace wigs with Brazilian hair..I have one. The texture is different...verry different..but even at those ridiculous prices..  more than $3,000..they ran out of the ability to supply demand... that said... I think the industry went to synthetic..because of the greed... I believe that it will be at least another 3-5 years of "natural hair as a trend" before "virgin" supplies are restored...glad i have a stash and am Frankensteing the rest..



Edited by Tressa - Dec 08 2012 at 10:40pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
RedWine View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1068
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Tressa Tressa wrote:

Several years ago a Cosemetologist mag.. gave an in depth story about the chemicalization of animal hair and the parody of passing it off to African American women as "human". They were run out of business after that article.
 Yet another article stated that although women in China and Indian sell their hair by the truckloads..there simply wasn't enough to satisfy the multi billion dollar demand.  They will sell what ever "we" create.   We had a vendor actually tell us that there are two types of hair..Chinese and Indian. That's it/ That's all. I was in Peru..they ain't selling hair..and if they did..their sanitation isn't the best..they are in a third world state...Dead...

Every now and then a Brazilian woman will sell her hair.  But more often than not they won't.  Once upon a time, a company in Spain made the most divine lace wigs with Brazilian hair..I have one. The texture is different...verry different..but even at those ridiculous prices..  more than $3,000..they ran out of the ability to supply demand... that said... I think the industry went to synthetic..because of the greed... I believe that it will be at least another 3-5 years of "natural hair as a trend" before "virgin" supplies are restored...glad i have a stash and am Frankensteing the rest..


I belive they have a special chemical to pass off animal hair. I am convinced that they use or have used animal hair. I used to wear BSS hair in the late 80"s and some times certain  hair would smell like wet dog. Others would get that smell after the first wash. But I would only wear that hair one week and then replace it because washing it mad it crawl up the neck. I long stopped wearing BSS hair but I I guess the hair has improved. I'll bet  they still use animal hair, but they have figured out how to clean the odor and make it tangle less maybe they mix in more human.

I remember the company from Spain. I developed a relationship with them. I still have an Indian and Brazilian wig from them and the hair is nothing like the hair they sell now. I would just take my wig off and lay my face into the hair. They wigs they sell now, have the strangest hair. I know something is up and it is starting to piss me off. 


Edited by RedWine - Dec 09 2012 at 10:07am
Back to Top
Tressa View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 06 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3769
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:14am
@Red Wine.  If possible...if atl all possible..one should just movehu hair.  They showed a photo in that mag...(I hoped I saved it somewhere) of the chinese..growing the dogs hair in long braids and then
 processing that hair with poor grade human.  And along with you on into natural hair...I said that with great sadness..but cannot keep buying Llhasa Apso and sh*tz Zhu..I wore extensions for many years...but never had various scalp issues.  Lace wigs really restored my hair..but who has endless dollars to keep taking chances?  The quality is awful across the board...I'm done for while..and hate the extensions too..more and more sisters are just for the bald look or natural.. hair..saves money, is very sexy and ends the stress of disappointment and the awful thing in UPS bag..that looks good for one week!!

Back to Top
RedWine View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1068
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Tressa Tressa wrote:

@Red Wine.  If possible...if atl all possible..one should just movehu hair.  They showed a photo in that mag...(I hoped I saved it somewhere) of the chinese..growing the dogs hair in long braids and then
 processing that hair with poor grade human.  And along with you on into natural hair...I said that with great sadness..but cannot keep buying Llhasa Apso and sh*tz Zhu..I wore extensions for many years...but never had various scalp issues.  Lace wigs really restored my hair..but who has endless dollars to keep taking chances?  The quality is awful across the board...I'm done for while..and hate the extensions too..more and more sisters are just for the bald look or natural.. hair..saves money, is very sexy and ends the stress of disappointment and the awful thing in UPS bag..that looks good for one week!!


Ouch My Shihtzu has the most beautiful hair. It grows faster than any human. I always joke that I wish my hair would grow like his or that I just need to make his hair into a wig.....

I really don't think the wigs I am getting is animal hair. I think those old BSS weaves were. I really think the hair is just heavy processed. I think that they are not taking the time to align the cuticles, so they are removing the cuticles, processing for texture-even virgin texture.

I am able to use my wigs. My light yaki wigs just need extra care. After a strong bleach bath and a coat of silicon product they are really pretty.

I pity those that expect these wigs to just behave over the months with no effort. I put in work to keep my units looking like they are my hair.
Back to Top
Wisney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 28 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1302
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Here's a place that sells protein hair:

http://www.ultimahair.com/

.....Ok, this protein hair sounds friggin' amazing, surely this is like the future of hair? Have you seen it in real life, is it as natural looking as it sounds?
Back to Top
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: Oct 17 2005
Location: r
Status: Offline
Points: 10075
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

I still find it amazing that all these vendors across the world have so much hair to begin with, like there can't be THAT many women with waist length hair who are prepared to cut it all off and sell it. And even if there were, like it takes 6-7 years to grow your hair that long, how do they keep up with the demand! 
I think they must have some kind of farm where they keep asian women and feed them hair growth hormones....


Yep, as others have said in the past (also check out the weave section for their opinions on this), as far as we know, the local yak population could be supplying the hair. LOL  There can only be so much +20-in length hair.  The protein hair, from what I've seen online, looks pretty close, but that's only going to last as long as any another synthetic hair.
 
Umm I saw a Yak once (not to keep talking about countries) in Tibet years ago. They are HUGE beasts but their hair is not very long ... all.
 
Which animals (besides humans) have 20 inch long hair?
 
My units have the same hair quality as always - the prices are higher but .. prices are higher in everything (except the housing market .. which is in the toilet everywhere)Confused
Wild yak photo - Bos mutus - G124023 - ARKive">


Edited by Becky - Dec 09 2012 at 3:46pm
Back to Top
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 11 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 46255
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:44pm
Vendors lie so much. That includes the UK and AV's. I just can't stand the lies. 

It's luck of the draw. Aint nobody got time for that. 


Half of the vendors don't even know what the hell they're selling. Just $$$$$££££££££ dropping in their pockets. 


Back to Top
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: Oct 17 2005
Location: r
Status: Offline
Points: 10075
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:37pm
True. You have to develop a relationship with your vendor though.Hug

Edited by Becky - Dec 09 2012 at 6:39pm
Back to Top
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 29 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 37668
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Umm I saw a Yak once (not to keep talking about countries) in Tibet years ago. They are HUGE beasts but their hair is not very long ... all.
 
Which animals (besides humans) have 20 inch long hair?
 
Back to Top
embermiya View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 21 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote embermiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 8:56am
This is deeper than even I thought and is starting to scare me lol. With stuff out there like the John Korea hair coat I believe that passing off animal hair as human is so possible. SCARY!

Also @ Becky I wish I could develop a relationship with a vendor but I'm young with not much money and I only buy one lace wig a year, is there anything I can do to develop a relationship with a vendor without having to spend a ton of money?
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down