What is a virgin nowadays?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 5:17am
I was wondering about this myself.  I will watch females on the YT and the latest thing i've been hearing is peruvian. Peruvian hurr?  Whaaaaaa......?LOL  I like cosmogirl used to not care what they called it but now really....I do.  U are not going to charge me an extra hunnerd dollars cause u callin' it Alaskan Remy when it really Indian Remy.
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 5:26am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I was wondering about this myself.  I will watch females on the YT and the latest thing i've been hearing is peruvian. Peruvian hurr?  Whaaaaaa......?LOL  I like cosmogirl used to not care what they called it but now really....I do.  U are not going to charge me an extra hunnerd dollars cause u callin' it Alaskan Remy when it really Indian Remy.

Yeah I agree.  As long as it blends with my hair, doesnt tangle or shed Im good.  But dont charge me for some exotical name LOL
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 6:21am
Oh yes, I agree - there is no 'real' virgin hair ventilated in these lace fronts - though this may have been in case years ago.

When I get my Virgin Brazilian .. it's really just a name they call another kind of Indian hiar. I can look at:

Indian remy (the shinest and poorest color quality)
Indian virgin (much better but still rather shiny)
and
Brazilian virgin (a much lower luster version of the Indian virgin so less shiny) and the actual hair strains are THINNER. That's why I like the Brazilian virgin.

Color?

Indian remy ? If I get 1b it looks flat and one dimensional .. because it's a dye job
Indian virgin ? looks better - but still...
Brazilian virgin? Is the best because (they claim) it is the natural color so you see the slight 1b and 2 color variations - especialy in broad daylight. So it looks much more natural.

Moral of the story .. I wouldn't believe that the actual hair you buy from CV or even AV is anything other than Indian or Chinese Confused - it's a marketing gimmic. But all Indian and Chinese people do not have the same texture of hair so .. that along with different processing .. basically causes the hair to look differemt - thus the exotic names like Peruvian or Mongolian or Brazilian.

What's in a name tough? Like they say ... 'a rose by any other name .. is still a rose'. Wink

I say - just figure out what you like best and order it.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 5:17pm
I still find it amazing that all these vendors across the world have so much hair to begin with, like there can't be THAT many women with waist length hair who are prepared to cut it all off and sell it. And even if there were, like it takes 6-7 years to grow your hair that long, how do they keep up with the demand! 
I think they must have some kind of farm where they keep asian women and feed them hair growth hormones....
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 4:39am
Nope - these women exists .. outside of bondage. Hee hee! And I think about 99% of all hair vendors are only in China. It's ... a monopoly.

Ever been to India or China? I HAVE! There are about 1.3 BILLION people in China about 1.2 BILLION in India so yeah .. they have hair to sell and/or give away and their hair grows like wildfire.

It grows faster than Caucasian people's hair AND it's durable as all heck so it can take all the processing to make it yaki etc. Caucasian hair .. can't take all that so when you buy Russion hair .. it is pretty much truely virgin - with maybe a light dye job, or else it would crumble away.

Aside of the fact that people are just plain old poor and will sell their hair - remember they cut off their hair in Indian as part of their religion.

So there's plenty of 'store-bought' hair for ... everybody else. Hee hee!

Hey, the hair selling market is not going anywhere. Remember Chris Rock's movie 'Good Hair' which I loved (but let's not stir up the beehive on that topic and make everyone crazy mad again!Hee hee!)

The problem is ... the CVs don't always manage the workload so well .. so you receive the wrong item or it's poorly ventilated or whatever. That's the bottleneck in the system. Confused (Now ... there is probably and it's very LIKELY some slave labor involved in actually making these units in China.Ouch But ... that's another story.) Most of the world is ... poor.

Edited by Becky - Dec 08 2012 at 4:43am
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:43am
Some vendors sell animal hair along side their human hair so they "stretch" the hair they have by blending the two.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Nope - these women exists .. outside of bondage. Hee hee! And I think about 99% of all hair vendors are only in China. It's ... a monopoly.

Ever been to India or China? I HAVE! There are about 1.3 BILLION people in China about 1.2 BILLION in India so yeah .. they have hair to sell and/or give away and their hair grows like wildfire.

It grows faster than Caucasian people's hair AND it's durable as all heck so it can take all the processing to make it yaki etc. Caucasian hair .. can't take all that so when you buy Russion hair .. it is pretty much truely virgin - with maybe a light dye job, or else it would crumble away.

Aside of the fact that people are just plain old poor and will sell their hair - remember they cut off their hair in Indian as part of their religion.

So there's plenty of 'store-bought' hair for ... everybody else. Hee hee!

Hey, the hair selling market is not going anywhere. Remember Chris Rock's movie 'Good Hair' which I loved (but let's not stir up the beehive on that topic and make everyone crazy mad again!Hee hee!)

The problem is ... the CVs don't always manage the workload so well .. so you receive the wrong item or it's poorly ventilated or whatever. That's the bottleneck in the system. Confused (Now ... there is probably and it's very LIKELY some slave labor involved in actually making these units in China.Ouch But ... that's another story.) Most of the world is ... poor.

Yeah I can imagine it is a bit sweat-shop-like as all the units have to be hand-tied and the sheer amount they must ship is ridiculous. I hate my job, but I feel very grateful that I don't have to work like that in order to just pay rent and bills. We're so, so damn lucky in the West. 

And I guess you're right about the amount of people in Chinea and the religious shaving of the head in India, it must provide a lot of hair. I guess a lot of people would do it aswell, to them it's just hair, to us it's 'oh so manageable hair!', so they'd much rather get a paycheque for just growing their hair. 
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

I still find it amazing that all these vendors across the world have so much hair to begin with, like there can't be THAT many women with waist length hair who are prepared to cut it all off and sell it. And even if there were, like it takes 6-7 years to grow your hair that long, how do they keep up with the demand! 
I think they must have some kind of farm where they keep asian women and feed them hair growth hormones....

Yep, as others have said in the past (also check out the weave section for their opinions on this), as far as we know, the local yak population could be supplying the hair. LOL  There can only be so much +20-in length hair.  The protein hair, from what I've seen online, looks pretty close, but that's only going to last as long as any another synthetic hair.

Edited by chatnoir - Dec 08 2012 at 3:00pm
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:52pm
What's protein hair?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:19pm
Here's a place that sells protein hair:

http://www.ultimahair.com/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon