BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What is a virgin nowadays?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
embermiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote embermiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is a virgin nowadays?
    Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:09am
Hi Ladies!

So I'm not trying to get on a soapbox about the fakery going on in the hair business as of the last three years about "virgin" hair. I'm just going to touch on it and then get to my point because they correlate. So we all know that you can get hair from about any country now.

-side eye

Cambodia, Peru, Brazil, etc but they all strangely enough have textures similar your basic Indian or Chinese, especially Brazilian, it reminds me so much of Chinese hair. Also it's supposedly virgin but comes in textures like straight, wavy, and curly. Virgin is supposed to be completely unprocessed yet we have mass produced wavy and curly textures that all look the same.

-huge side eye

NOW TO MY POINT:

I am in the process of trying to find a high luster silky straight look a la the virgin days of yore. I can't find it. I've looked at everything from Cambodian to Peruvian and I still can't find what I'm looking for. I suppose the closest I've come is Russian hair. The problem is when relaxed or natural girls on YouTube say European Russian hair "blends perfectly with my hair". Say what?! Am I the ONLY one who thinks that is weird? I do not want some "virgin" light yaki! I repeat I DO NOT want some "virgin" light yaki lol.

I remember when virgin FIRST came on the scene, when I think it was real, it looked like it was taken straight off some Indian woman's head and put on yours. It would be hell to blend with when it comes to weave and with wigs it just made some people without the features for it look plain crazy. Where is that hair now? I would love some REAL totally unprocessed Indian hair but I'm not sure if i can find it anymore.

Feel free to leave your thoughts on this, or if you know a vendor that can give me that silky straight look that virgin hair should have, please share. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:03am
I'm not experienced, but I've never believed all these companies that they say they have all this exotic hair to choose from. I suspect that for the most part, it's all either indian or chinese and people just 'believe' it feels different and looks different because they've been told so, i think it might just be a placebo effect.

I think of it like this: Afro hair in Africa and Afro hair in the Caribbean can often be of a different texture, with caribbean hair sometimes being a little softer and more curly/wavy and african hair being more coarse in nature. You can see there would be a difference, like Indian and Chinese: both are Asian countries but there is a difference in hair texture. Now if you tried to say 'Ok, I have got some Dominican hair and some Basian hair' and then 'I've got some Rwandan hair and some Nigerian hair', you're just trying to sell a non existent difference.

I might just be talking out of my ass, so if I'm wrong, anyone feel free to correct me, but this is just what I think
embermiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote embermiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:49pm
I totally agree Winsey. I'm kind of surprised more women aren't touching in on this.

I guess I'll have to go with virgin Peruvian or Russian then smh.
peete728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote peete728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:48pm
I agree, I think that its either Indian, or Chinese, now I received some really nice silky Indian hair from  a lady on here who bought it from from VirginCurl.com, it did not blend with her hair so I bought it from her, and it is the texture that you are referring too, very silky with a slight wave too it.  It was listed as Girl Brazilian, but again I'm sure that it is Indian hair, non the less I love it, and, I have it installed with no leave out just my edges otherwise it would be hell to blend.  I have contacted Laila about ordering more of this hair, and its been over two weeks and this woman does not return emails, she emailed me and said that she had it in stock and was going to email me pictures and never did,  So I have moved on....
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:22pm
Everything is just crap these days. I just purchased what I am calling my last human hair unit off the M2M section. I'm so over it. I'm going back to synthetics. I'm tired of throwing money away 
corenybay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corenybay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:57pm
I've gotten crap once and that was with curly wefts. I think the key is to try new vendors? lol Idk.  
< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px;">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko" ed="ed">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish
English (auto-detected) » Korean

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:30pm
I'm of the opinion that it's all Chinese and Indian hair, or variations thereof that are marketed towards AA women (like Chinrussian).  There's a Brazilian hair vendor here in the SF Bay Area that I'd like to check out one day, but they're not high on my list of priorities. Big smile

if you're searching for IVR, why not purchase in bulk from BDogg or Indianhairs.com (for example), and have a wig made?
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:05am
I was also gonna chime in with bdogg as I have heard the girls down in weaves talk about that hair a lot.

As for me on the whole virgin thing. My stance is this - I don't mind what they call it as long as it looks good & lasts.

I live in the UK & I get my hair from a CV. After I've paid for it in US dollars & converted it back into UK pounds it is still cheaper for me to buy this 'virgenesque' hair than go to Paks Cosmetics buy two packs of milky way for £80 that needs replacing after one wear or buy a 14"IVR  FLW from a UK vendor for £170.

I think there is still some 'virgin' hair out there but vendors probably need to start selling their hair by grades to distinguish between 'virgin' & 'virginesque'
embermiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote embermiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:49am
LOL @ virginesque.

I agree with the selling hair by grades thing because this crap is not really virgin! Virgin Indian hair or Russian hair would not blend " perfectly" with African American natural or relaxed hair.

I don't want anything like that and I swear Brazilian is just Chinese and they add an extra 50 to 70 bucks for it? Smh.

I wonder if vendors are even selling true virgin hair anymore because I think the definition of it has changed on the low. They are still saying its completely unprocessed but that's a lie. Real vigin hair probably didn't sell we'll because it's hell to blend so they processed it a little and still called it virgin.

Still in search for that right of the Indian woman's head look.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:06pm
I suggest that you also take a look at the weave section downstairs.  There has recently been a few discussions down there on IVR vendors.

BTW, if you're looking for silky straight hair, Chinese virgin also works (just ask for the silkiest, straightest hair to be used for your wig)! Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic