BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What is a texlax/texturizer??

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Melialy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melialy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is a texlax/texturizer??
    Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 10:16am
This may be a dumb question but I have noo idea what these are? Is it the same as a relaxer but it makes your hair curly? I tried searching but the search button isn't working...

Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links

jineat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jineat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 12:03pm
Texturizer is a product, a mild version of a relaxer
Texlax is a term they use when using a relaxer to texturize the hair.

The correct term to use that I was always taught was texturizing the hair.
And you can texturize the hair using a texturizer or a relaxer or another chemical or some natural products that will lightly straighten the hair.

Some people texturize their hair to release a little curl or a lot of curl but want to keep a curl pattern so they can easily manage the hair.

Some people texturizer 3  times a year, twice a year, once a year and then there are those that will texturize when they get enough new growth which might be every 6-8 weeks.

Some people can texturize just enough to blend with their natural hair where its hard to tell whether or not they have had a chemical process.

Hope this helps
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 1:40pm

I can just answer the texlax part.  Basically, it is people using mild relaxers (example Just for Me, or a another mild relaxer with oil added to dilute the chemical, or just a plain mild relaxer) ....you also do not leave it on your hair long enough to fully straighten it.  hence, texlax.....just relaxing the texture of the new growth, but not all the way straight.  if that makes sense.

Edited by Spokenword - Oct 17 2010 at 1:41pm
Melialy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melialy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 3:46pm
Oh okay so this is just a process for new growth...Is there any way to bring a curl pattern back to relaxed hair?
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Melialy Melialy wrote:

Oh okay so this is just a process for new growth...Is there any way to bring a curl pattern back to relaxed hair?

no
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 7:39pm
I'm beginning to think the term "texturizer" is a tad misleading.  If you have a really tight coiled natural texture, it won't give you "mixed folks" hair (of course I'm making a general statement here but most people know what I mean when I say that).  If your hair has already been relaxed to where it won't have a natural curl anymore, it won't give you any, which Ally said.  So it's is only a mild relaxer.
AfroBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Melialy Melialy wrote:

Not exactly a process for just new growth.  I had been natural for nearly 2 yrs and was unable to manage my hair very easily.  So I chose to TexLax (de-coil) the tightly coiled hair to a softer more manageable state.  Since it was alllllll never chemically processed hair, I Had to apply the TexLaxer from root to tip. Smile
femalewarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femalewarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 10:21am
can i texturize new growth in an attempt to thicken up my hair? 
vkb247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vkb247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 8:38pm
Yes. If you relax you can leave your relaxer in for less time and your will look fuller, have more body. and be healthier than if you leave it in until its straight. You will be transitioning though so depending on the texture of your hair you may have issues detangling or even experience some breakage where the two textures meet if you don't treat your hair well,
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic