Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What I want from a CV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What I want from a CV
    Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 3:59pm
I was thinking of the things I want from a CV and wondering why this is so hard to achieve: 

1) Decent hair from a suitable donor. Please don't send me a 90 year old woman's hair or hair from a very sick person that can't withstand any processing. 

2) A well-constructed cap

3) Properly ventilated unit. Don't be in such a hurry to make a unit that you don't tie the knots tight enough. 

4) A silk top that doesn't wrinkle and crumple. 

5) If you screw up, don't try to blame me for combing, sleeping in, or treating a lace unit as it's absolutely intended and designed to be used. Just own the problem. 

I don't care if my knots aren't bleached or if the hairline looks like they used Paul Ryan's for the template. I don't care if the color isn't exactly right or if the texture isn't quite what I wanted. I don't need for the silk top or lace to be an exact match to my complexion. Even though I hate a silk top that wrinkles, I can fix all of the above problems. There's nothing, however, I can do with hair from a cadaver or knots that disintegrate. Why is this so hard to find? 
Sponsored Links

Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 8:35pm
I really think that ship has sailed. All of them are hit or miss now.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:00pm

I wish they would align tge hairs of the silk topnin a realustic way.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Lace Lover Lace Lover wrote:

I really think that ship has sailed. All of them are hit or miss now.

THIS. 
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:58am
This is why it is so hard to find....

Originally posted by Traylee Traylee wrote:

I was thinking of the things I want from a CV and wondering why this is so hard to achieve: 

1) Decent hair from a suitable donor. Please don't send me a 90 year old woman's hair or hair from a very sick person that can't withstand any processing.  Cost too much money to buy decent hair so they send you old, sick and fallen comb hair.

2) A well-constructed cap  cost too much money to buy decent lace and too much time to sew it/secure it with proper stitching

3) Properly ventilated unit. Don't be in such a hurry to make a unit that you don't tie the knots tight enough.  takes too much time, to propertly ventilate, if you hurry, you can ventilate more wigs in less time which means they save money

4) A silk top that doesn't wrinkle and crumple.  cost too much money to buy decent fabric to use as the silk insert

5) If you screw up, don't try to blame me for combing, sleeping in, or treating a lace unit as it's absolutely intended and designed to be used. Just own the problem.   they have to blame you because if they don't and accept blame it means they have to refund you and they don't want to refund you because it's too much money; so instead it's your fault for washing the hair in the 'wrong' kind of water, or for brushing it, or for whatever else YOU did to it.  Then again, that's NOT even the WIG they sent you. 

I don't care if my knots aren't bleached or if the hairline looks like they used Paul Ryan's for the template. I don't care if the color isn't exactly right or if the texture isn't quite what I wanted. I don't need for the silk top or lace to be an exact match to my complexion. Even though I hate a silk top that wrinkles, I can fix all of the above problems. There's nothing, however, I can do with hair from a cadaver or knots that disintegrate. Why is this so hard to find? 
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:08am
Thing is this.  CV's no longer by and large give a rats behind about quality and craftsmanship.  They care about quantity; as in, quantity of our hard earned money.  And that's about it.  Not a repeat customer?  Who cares, plenty of suckers to go around.  We either put up or give up.  Disapprove

If I sound bitter, it's because I am!  This lace wig game has gone screamingly downhill since I entered the fray in 2010, and it's a damn shame. 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:18am
I don't know ... I have been using the same 2 CVs for the last 6 years and I haven't had any of those problems. I am about to place another order this week.

I think it's because I order 2 - 3 units at a time and they are always custom orders so I established a relationship with them.

This is the only reason I can think of to explain why I don't get 'lemons'.
Prairie1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:39pm
I have never received a bad unit from my CV of choice and everything has been to my specifications. Just took the plunge and purchased my first silk top from them, but haven't had any problems with that either.  Could be that I've been using the same vendor for the past 4 years.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 2:01pm
Printer - How long are your units lasting?

I was with Holly for a while. I wouldn't chance purchasing 3 units with the hit and miss I was receiving.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:24pm
Well, the CV I have been using near exclusively the past three years, mostly for custom units, I have had problems with that seem to be about 'rush it out the door'.  Ie, when I ask for 150% density, I don't want 200% in the front and 50% on the back, because the stretch panel is harder to ventilate.  For example. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>