BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What Has Made You Happy Today? and

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Has Made You Happy Today? and
    Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:12pm
what have you done to make someone happy?

Pharrell, UN Celebrate International Day of Happiness

If Thursday being the first day of spring was not enough to make you happy, it's also the 2nd Annual International Day of Happiness.

Grammy-winning producer and singer Pharrell has partnered with the United Nations Foundation to celebrate the day of smiles and laughter. 

“The pursuit of happiness lies at the core of human endeavors. People around the world aspire to lead happy and fulfilling lives free from fear and want...," UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a release on the foundation's website.

A new video featuring Pharrell's infectious song "Happy" will be spotlighted each hour on 24hoursofhappiness.com.

Residents in D.C. and Maryland got into the spirit ahead of the International Day of Happiness, posting their own "Happy"-themed videos on YouTube recently. Check out a few of the best below.

Anacostia-based production company Ward 8 Studios put together this compilation of D.C. residents showing off their never-ending happiness. The video features many recognizable D.C. landmarks, from the Washington Monument to the Anacostia River. Stay tuned through the end for a special cameo from one of the National Zoo’s star attractions.

Howard University decided that the world needed to know just how happy it is, and thus this video was born. Students, faculty, staff and willing D.C. participants all pitched in to create this testament to Howard’s happiness.

Happy (ONE.org Version)

To help with their goal to end poverty and disease, D.C.-based advocacy group ONE danced its way from its office on I Street to the White House. What better way to get the government’s attention than with an outpouring of unbridled happiness?

We Are Happy in Baltimore, Maryland

Baltimore wasn’t willing to let D.C. have all the fun, so they had to make a "Happy" video of their own. Watch these Baltimorons in all their happy glory.

Chad R. Presents: Pharrell Williams HAPPY Music Video

Washington Talent Agency offshoot So Fresh Entertainment decided that a little bad weather wouldn’t stop them from letting everyone know just how happy they truly are. This one stands out for some pretty incredible dance moves.

Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:19pm
My sons smiling and also hes very close to laughing. Can't wait til it happens. Hes so cute. Its Spring. And my husbands kiss before he left to work. Thats its so far
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:22pm
Heart
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:26pm
im in my poppin fresh start/ getting a hang of single life/ positively navigating through life/ learning how to make new friends/ REALLY enjoying my life ... i can honestly say, im happyBig smile

what have i done to make somebody happy? well i do that ALOT im a naturally kind considerate young lady so everywhere i go i smile/ say a kind word/ ask people how their doing in passing during business or pleasure/ im excited to see whats gonna come outta todays joyLOL

Edited by Bonjour baby ooowee - Mar 20 2014 at 2:33pm
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:27pm
offered help.
took things 1 and 2 on a train ride.
thats it for this week.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:31pm
ooops i accidently quoted myself ... editLOL

Edited by Bonjour baby ooowee - Mar 20 2014 at 2:33pm
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:36pm
...but "i want you to be happy" day was march 3rd. 

my immediate answer to the title question was, "i woke up and had a chance to do it all over again."

to make someone else happy? i've not done anything i can think of. however, the day's not over yet.  
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:38pm
Can't stand this song.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:50pm
I just heard it for first time on Grammys, but I'm about tired of it too lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:44pm
this made my night. I really like him.

The happiest video you’ll watch all day? John Lewis dances to hit tune

Rep. John Lewis is a well-known civil rights legend, but it turns out he’s a good dancer too. 

The Georgia Democrat showed off his dances moves in a video posted to YouTube Wednesday,  cutting a rug to the song “Happy,” the Pharrell hit featured in the movie Despicable Me 2. “This is my song!” the 74-year-old declares while showing off his two-step. 

Known as a marcher more than a dancer, Lewis worked alongside civil rights icons including Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as he fought for racial equality in the south in the 1960s. He famously suffered a fractured skull after he was beaten by officers while marching for voting rights on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Ala., on the day now known as Bloody Sunday.

In recent years he’s become one of the strongest voices to speak out against more recent efforts to roll back voting rights. He strongly criticized the Supreme Court’s 2013 decision that gutted the Voting Rights Act, but has said during past appearances on PoliticsNation that he remains hopeful Congress will come together to restore the law. 

That optimistic spirit extends to his dancing as well. “Nothing can bring me down,” he says during the dance video.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>