BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What growth aids helped you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What growth aids helped you?
    Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:43am
1. What worked for you and what didn't work?
2. By how much did it improve your growth?
3. Do you think you need more growth aids?

I'm looking into taking growth aids. Currently I just try to eat healthy and take a very simple multi-vitamin. I'm thinking of trying HSN but I want to first figure out if I really need growth aids.
Sponsored Links

IAmAliciaMarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmAliciaMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 6:11pm
I take 5,000 mcg of Biotin everyday... I started taking it to make my nails stronger and not break as much. I don't usually notice hair growth but others tell me it's longer.
ydlwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ydlwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 7:20pm
Just maintaining a healthy diet, drinking enough water, and biotin helped me retain throughout the years. But the keyword is maintaining. Also, I'm pretty smitten with castor oil. 
CiaNichole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CiaNichole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:28pm
ive done 2mnths of hairfinity, took a 1mnth break then did 2 more which worked but i couldnt keep buying it. I did a month of viviscal which worked too well (hair grows everywhere!) and it broke my face out. ive done 3 mnths of biotin and msm, it did nothing for me. ive done 2 mnths of HSNs, it was a little better but not the amount of umph i need. and now im doing aphogee and long&strong hair and nails vitamins and it is perfect! my hair is stronger and grew really fast (1in in 3 weeks) my skin in clear but then again my skin was nvr too bad (xcept wen taking viviscal). and my nails are finally harder, they are usually like paper. im a growth aids vet lol
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:48pm
I take 2 1000mg tablets of MSM daily
2 2500 mg tablets of Biotin daily

I have powdered msm that I mix in with my aloe/essential oils/water moisturizing spritz

Trying to stick to my 64oz of water daily (I usually manage to at least get to 48oz ea. day)

Washing my hair 2x a month with terressentials

PS'ing in the winter (currently in marley twists) and low manipulation styles when I choose to wear my hair out in warmer months

Henna rinses every 1 to 2 months.

Oiling my scalp every other day with either castor oil or the GAO. Baggy-ing on oiling days if I remember!

NOT STRESSING OVER MY HAIR!

Doing the above I think my hair grew at least 2 inches between August and October!!! @_@

tmrockville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmrockville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:57pm
I'm a PJ so always trying new things but my staples that my hair loves are cassia/henna, peppermint oil, JBCO and Nzuri Elixir.  I'm very close to APL.
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:41pm
I tried Biotin, and it did virtually nothing for me. 

I then tried MSM, and I adore it. I take minimum of 3000mg daily, up to 10,000mg. I think the big key for the best results is to take it with Vitamin C. I take 1000mg of Vit.C a day. 
I see substantial new growth, and it's silkier, shinier, smoother, looser pattern. When I part my hair down the middle and pull each side into a braid, the new growth looks naturally straight. 

I think taking MSM in powder form is better than a tablet form. Tastes awful though even with juice. 

My eyelashes seem to be benefiting as well, so is my skin and my joints. 

KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 3:07pm
Thanks guys. Hmm, right now I think I'll try for MsM and HSN vitamins. I want something topical too though. Was thinking of ordering some megatek but my hair is protein sensitive so I'm not too sure.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:02pm
Try Gro-Aut Oil. It's not terribly expensive and I think it works quite well. Or just consider an essential oil scalp massage done every other day with baggy-ing. Moisture really helps hair grow more than anything else I've noticed. 
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:18am
Gro-Aut or sulfur mixes work good. I take a good hair skin and nail vitamin with a multi. Taking good care of my hair by washing, conditioning, and moisturizing. Protective styles are good. Leaving my hair out to long doesn't work for me. I truly hope I reach or I'm pass BSL by the end of the year.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>