Perfect Hair Collection

what generous tip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what generous tip
    Posted: May 21 2013 at 4:39pm

Waitress Gets $1,000 Tip from Total Stranger to Fund Her Dream Trip to Italy

Earlier this year, a horrid tale of waitressing made headlines when a pastor acted like a total a-hole towards an Applebee’s server. Now a user on Tumblr has shared a touching story about an unexpected tip her mother earned while waiting on a tremendously generous customer.

According to this Tumblr post, the woman has been struggling to support herself even though she is thoroughly educated. After telling a customer that she’s always wanted to go to Italy, she received a $1,000 tip on a $60 bill with a note that read “Your ticket to Italy. Enjoy!!”

This is what the post read:

So my mom and I have been working the same waitress job for 5-6 years now. She had been waitressing years before, but this is recently. Anyway, about… 15 minutes ago this guy she waited on left and told her to take care. Just that. Prior to this she had talked to him about Italy. Her people are from Florence, this and that, and she said she’s never been. She’s got 8 years of art education and she’s working a waitress job. It’s pretty… Sad and disappointing, I guess. Her and my father divorced 6 years ago and she hasn’t had a real job ever. Just been stuck in a small town she’s not from.

This man who we have never seen before tipped her 1000 dollars for a trip to Italy. Walked out, not another word.

…you know. Just when I start to lose faith in humanity….

As of now, the post has received over 117,000 notes.

When I first heard about the story, I assumed some Wall Street big wig left the tip to get into some chick’s pants, but thankfully I was wrong. Obviously, this story has garnered positive attention since it’s extremely rare to hear about something good happening to someone who’s slaving away and struggling.

One Tumblr user noted:

This makes me feel so happy and secure. As we hear new terrible stories and new unfortunate events on the news we begin to believe that human kind is rotting. That we should not have faith in humanity. But you can not base a whole generation off of the small senseless acts of some bad seeds. Sadly, the media publicizes events that show the terrible side of humans rather than the acts such as this which show how beautiful people can be. I try to remember every day that there is hope out there and pray that these people continue to spread their kindness.

More stories of people with cash to spare being generous, please!

Read more: Waitress Gets $1,000 Tip from Total Stranger to Fund Her Dream Trip to Italy

Sponsored Links

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 4:41pm
There was a similar story yearrrrsssss ago in NY. I forget the amount, but the waitress opened up to her custy about her financial woes and he left her a ginormous tip...
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 4:42pm
Imma need him to learn simple addition...
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 4:51pm
sweet but that money ain't going towards no ticket
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

sweet but that money ain't going towards no ticket
I doubt it as well...
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 5:29pm
i assume she's white
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 5:40pm
The government is going to tax the hell out of that tip. It was still very thoughtful.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 4:46am
If she's struggling to support herself, she don't need to be going to Italy.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 7:38am
Yeah you could buy a ticket with that but it isn't going to cover anything else. That isn't exactly a cheap place to visit.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

The government is going to tax the hell out of that tip. It was still very thoughtful.
Yup LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style