Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What exactly is a texterizer?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
IKnoULuvNiesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnoULuvNiesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What exactly is a texterizer?
    Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:28pm
So I've been relaxing my hair for most of my life then I decided to transition and then fully go natural. So I've been dealing with my actual hair for about 9 months now since the big chop so I would say that I have almost 2 years of natural hair growth. At first I was ok with wearing weaves and single braids because it was winter but now that it's getting hot I can't wear them and I can't deal with my hair because it's not easily manageable nor is it easy to maintain without slapping on a wig. I should also add that I do spend time to take care of my hair and I have a set regime, I just don't have the time or the patients to do it anymore. I also don't like any natural hair styles besides the puff. At first I was considering going back to a relaxer and then I heard about texterizers or the term "textlaxed" and I did some research and now I'm considering trying it. Based on the YouTube videos I've seen, I'm not 100% sure what a texterizer is because I thought it would make my hair curly and more defined or wavy, but that all depends on your hair type or at least that's what I got form YouTube. Also the term "Textlaxed" I actually thought it was the term used to describe my hair type since I would no longer be natural but again from watching YouTube videos I've seen girls who are relaxed and are under processing their relaxers to become "texlaxed". So I decided to come here and figure out once and for all what a texterizer actually is to finally end my confusion.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by IKnoULuvNiesha IKnoULuvNiesha wrote:

So I've been relaxing my hair for most of my life then I decided to transition and then fully go natural. So I've been dealing with my actual hair for about 9 months now since the big chop so I would say that I have almost 2 years of natural hair growth. At first I was ok with wearing weaves and single braids because it was winter but now that it's getting hot I can't wear them and I can't deal with my hair because it's not easily manageable nor is it easy to maintain without slapping on a wig. I should also add that I do spend time to take care of my hair and I have a set regime, I just don't have the time or the patients to do it anymore. I also don't like any natural hair styles besides the puff. At first I was considering going back to a relaxer and then I heard about texterizers or the term "textlaxed" and I did some research and now I'm considering trying it. Based on the YouTube videos I've seen, I'm not 100% sure what a texterizer is because I thought it would make my hair curly and more defined or wavy, but that all depends on your hair type or at least that's what I got form YouTube. Also the term "Textlaxed" I actually thought it was the term used to describe my hair type since I would no longer be natural but again from watching YouTube videos I've seen girls who are relaxed and are under processing their relaxers to become "texlaxed". So I decided to come here and figure out once and for all what a texterizer actually is to finally end my confusion.

texlaxer is like a relaxer that's underprocessed so it only slightly loosens the curl. Loosened curls do not mean defined or bigger though, it would just make them looser. So if you aren't getting definition now, you won't get it with a texlaxer either.

Before resorting texlaxing, i think you should look into this regimen and give it a try, the max hydration method. Look through the post, there are a lot of before and after pictures there.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Once you reach max hydration:

Root to tip definition ON PRODUCT FREE HAIR
Root to tip definition in wash and gos
Moveable shakable hair, even when dry
Length retention, easily
Styles last longer and look better
Soft, pliable hair
Enhanced moisture retention
Detangling is easier, in fact my hair is perpetually detangled from rolling and bunning during step 2
single strand knots & split ends rarely occur

I have been where you are, but have turned my hair around completely. here is my 4c hair's transformation using MHM regimen. The reality is a texturizer will never get you these results. The problem is moisture, not your curl pattern. Note i haven't reached total max hydration yet.

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 11:07pm
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:05pm
It has the same ingredients as a relaxer, it's basically a mild relaxer that you leave on for a shorter time. If you have very kinky hair & no curl pattern or very tiny coils, using it will not give you Traci Ross looking hair, you'll be disappointed. Also it's no guarantee that it will give you "uniform" hair, say your hair does get to the wavy/loose curly state with it, it may not be the same pattern all over your head. Straight pieces, curly, wavy.

But any who if you texlax PLEASE go to a professional salon.
IKnoULuvNiesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnoULuvNiesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:18pm
Thanks and there was no way I was going to try and do anything on my own. Can't let these 2 years go to waste. 
shannymatthews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannymatthews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 10:15pm
thanks for asking. i was thinking about the same thing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply