BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What English Sounds Like to Foreigners!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:07am
That's pretty cool. I remember my dad telling me how he and his friends would imitate the white people speaking English.

I"m curious as to what they are saying? Did they memorize several minutes of gibberish or are they saying German words in English pronunciation?
Sponsored Links

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:16am
interesting.  that's about how much Spanish I understand.  Every 4th or 5th word. Ermm
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:26am
Cool but i tested it out with my hubby one day and he told me to listen to someone speak thats far away from like down the street or something like that, and I thought I cant uderstand sh*t they r saying and he said thats what he would hear when he 1st got to the usaLOL
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:41am
LOL Ive only seen the one PK posted. Growing up Ive always wondered how we sound

I still wonder how we sound to people when we speak their lanaguge. Like can they tell it's  in an american accent, or can they tell just tell we're foreign and dont have their accent"

like how we can tell somene has a Mexican accent easily.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOL Ive only seen the one PK posted. Growing up Ive always wondered how we sound

I still wonder how we sound to people when we speak their lanaguge. Like can they tell it's  in an american accent, or can they tell just tell we're foreign and dont have their accent"

Probably, I'm not fluent in Spanish but I can tell a gringo accent from an authentic one.
And in English we can distinguish Italian, Indian, Scottish etc accents. I think it's because languages don't have the same sounds. Like there is no rolling "rr" in English so the American version of a lot of words with "rr" sound weird. And someone once said that there is no L in Japanese and that's why some of them can't do the L sound.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

We sound American speaking a foreign language. After time our accent might fad a little but it'll still be there. Everybody knows that I am an American when speaking Dutch. No need for them to ask.
It is harder for them to place others if the accent isn't heard as often. Such as is the person from Vietnam or Cambodia? For a while I couldn't tell if I person from was the south of the Netherlands or Belgium but now I can hear it.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:59pm
on the topic of speech and dialect 

Its a black dude who can sing Japanese ENKA ... very convincingly because he learned it from his japanese grandmother... I think his name is Jero

its a wild site to see

Edited by OoDles O - Dec 15 2012 at 12:59pm
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

Probably, I'm not fluent in Spanish but I can tell a gringo accent from an authentic one.
And in English we can distinguish Italian, Indian, Scottish etc accents. I think it's because languages don't have the same sounds. Like there is no rolling "rr" in English so the American version of a lot of words with "rr" sound weird. And someone once said that there is no L in Japanese and that's why some of them can't do the L sound.

but I wonder like, for example, my old white spanish teacher. She had married someone who didnt speak English, lived in Mexico for awhile, and taught spanish for yearsss.. In english, of course, she had no Mexican accent, but I wonder when she's speaking Spanish to Mexicans, is she convincing?

(or since she taught proper spanish, did they think she sounded like she was spain or wherever else speaks that type of spanish.. or was it still distinctly American sounding even though she could roll her Rs with the best of them)

Edited by Lite Brite - Dec 15 2012 at 1:25pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12