Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ebriggins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What doesnt my relaxer last more than 4 weeks
    Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 3:29pm

I have a problem. I try to relax my hair every 6 to 8 weeks but I never make it. My relaxer seems to wear off after the 3rd week and I try to let it hang on to week 4 or sometimes week five. but my hair gets really tangled and unmangeable, so I have to get it relaxed. I use a pre-relaxer treatment 3 days before and then i relax with Dudley and follow with a conditioning treatment. I have used Dudley 3 other times and before that ORS. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?Confused

Sponsored Links

fishnchips View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 4:50pm
gosh, i'm so sorry your relaxer is not lasting.
Are you getting a lot of new growth?
Is there a difference in texture between the dug. and the ors?
how are your leave ins working for you? do they detangle good at first then stop woking?
could it be your relaxer reverting?
do you co-wash, then air dry?

there are lots of reason why, think about your daily haircare, and post back what that is and i'm sure we all could work it out together.

P.S your dont need to answer all the questions or else you be up half the night!LOL
Tennsley View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 4:53pm
Are you washing it a lot in between relaxers?  Or washing it right after your relaxers?  Unless your hair grows extremely fast, I can't think of too many reasons why your hair is not staying manageable after just 4 weeks.  Usually the first two weeks after you get a relaxer your hair is straight and still fresh looking.  Week 3 and 4 is when the hair usually starts to thicken and and the straightness wears off a little, but not to the point where you need a relaxer. 

What type of relaxer are you using?  What other hair products are you using?
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 7:42am
Maybe your hair was underprocessed or your hair doesn't do well with the current relaxer.  I recall that my relaxers doesn't last when I used Vitale or no-lye relaxers.
ebriggins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 11:45am

When My relaxer wears of there is alot of new growth and my hair gets really tangeled. I wash my hair every sunday then use a moisture cond. or a protein con. I wrap it and sit under a dryer. I use ors carro oil and sometimes MTG.

When I get a relaxer it is perfect and comes out straight and shinny but after 3 weeks its not any more. I just dont understand

Tennsley View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 12:16pm
Wow!  Either its underprocessing like Champagne says or your hair jsut grows really fast.  I'm at a lost on this one. Sorry!!!  As long as your hair is growing and its healthy, and you have no breakage or shedding, it might jsut be the way your hair grows. 

You definitely don't want to start overprocessing though.  If you switch relaxers, be careful with the strength of the relaxer that you switch to.

Hope you somehting works out!Smile
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 2:19pm
I also forgot to mention this.  For some people, using a protein-based conditioner makes their hair revert faster.  I don't know how true that is but I guess it depends on the protein conditioner.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 4:48pm

sounds like it maybe under processed like champers wishe said, and the protein con. Have you thought of giving your hair a mid week co-wash, then wrapping it tightly in silk, before drying, someone said straight hair likes to be straight, curly hair likes to be curly, so maybe try to keep your hair straight between washes by wrapping at night. maybe have a look at this http://public.fotki.com/sylver2 (gosh I hope she doesn't mind) but she has managed to keep her hair straight- with new growth -and stretch between relaxers by using this technique.

Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 5:44pm
i just found this on the net, it might have info. to help you with the tangling. http://www.hairoil.com/hairguides/stylingguide.htm

Edited by fishnchips - Feb 19 2007 at 5:45pm
ebriggins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 1:44am

thanks ladies for your help. maybe by hair grows quick but i cant seem to keep the lenght because it breaks alot, thats why i do the conditioners everyweek.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic