Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > My Career
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What does your dream lifestyle look like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does your dream lifestyle look like?
    Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 1:31pm
Today i woke up so excited because i have tomorrow off and didnt have to wake up at 5am.
I like what I do, however i dont love it (i work at a bank)
Im 20, Im still figuring out what i want to do and im going back to school in jan since i took some time off.
I Just started thinking, this time around, i want to be able to balance my job and school and love school since ill be studying whatever my mind pleases!

So.. i started mapping out what my life would entail like :

- I wouldn't have to wake up for a set schedule
- I would work my own hours 
- My position/ career would allow me to work from home as well (with my own work office at home)
- Not working specifically under a boss; therefore controlling my own income, and how i want things done.
- Being able to be excited in my field just about everyday
- My career NOT feeling like "work"
- Being able to travel with my career as well.
- Meeting with clients 
- Being able to be creative
- Letting me dress up and not confining myself
(yes i know my list is like all over the place.. lol)

Im free minded person, but im also an introvert. I cant settle on one thing. I took general arts and science to see what i wanted to do but it honestly didnt help. 
Maybe hearing some of your lifestyle goals and dreams will give me a little ideas.

Sponsored Links

DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDee58517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 3:42pm

I commend you for knowing exactly what you want. I remember being in HS and saying oh I want to be a (fill in the blank). I never thought about who I would work under or what kind of working hours I would get or if I wanted to work for myself, none of that. After reading your list I discovered that those are the same things I would like for myself also. I'm 22 but I still do not know what I want to be when I "grow up." I know that I want to do study languages, work with children, and travel. Those are things I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. The one thing on your list that stood out to me was My career NOT feeling like "work" I would absolutuely hate for my career to feel like work. I'm a fulltime student, I work parttime in retail and honestly, my happiest days at work are the days I go to pick up my paycheck. When I reach my career, I would hate waking up in the morning and thinking "F**k, I gotta go through another day of this sh*t?" because that is what I had done when I had a "job." There's a quote by Confucius that says "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life." When I get to where I'd like to be in life I will never feel like I'm working, it's gonna be all play.

Edited by DeeDee58517 - Oct 09 2011 at 3:44pm
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 10:32am
bump!!
yungmulahbay View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yungmulahbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2012 at 5:16pm
Unfortuantely, I didn't know what I wanted to do until AFTER I already began college. It's really too late to turn the clock, I might as well finish this degree and make my family proud. But when I graduate I know what I want to do as far as my career and how I don't want to be enslaved to a 9-5 office. I'll be 22 in a couple weeks so I feel like I'm on the right path as far as getting things in order for the future. I don't want to be one of those people that wake up one morning after 20 years at a job they hate and wonder what if they did what they really wanted when they were younger. 
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2012 at 8:49pm
Stay at home mother and raising my family.

I love the field Im in (Psychology) and am still pursuing my education and my plan is to continue schooling until I obtain a PhD. But tbh, I don't see myself working a 9-5 job. I plan to further my education, not necessarily for the money, but mainly the pursuit of education (love learning) and to have that security if Im ever in a situation where I need to make money and provide for my family. But If I'm blessed to have the choice to stay at home and not have to work, while my husband works, I'd prefer that. The best job I could have would be staying home and raising a family.
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 8:32pm
i had to come back to this.. i hope im going in the right direction
bump.. anyone else?
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 8:33pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 2:22pm
To be able to live anywhere in the world...and work from home. To have a great income that allows me not only to live the way I wish, but to be able to build my own charities and help charities that save little kids who were sex slaves.
To be able to finish college, and if I choose to pursue a Master or Phd, to afford my education.
To have time to donate to tutoring low-income kids, or to foster kids at my home.

I really want to make a difference. I don't understand why there are so many people in this world who only think of themselves, and I hope that my contribution to the new generations will make them think of others as well.
cicision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cicision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2013 at 4:30pm
I am 19 years old now and I can say that I really know what I want in life esp career wise.  I have always wanted to be rich and When I was little my favorite toys were fake money and barbies hahahahahaLOL and you can say that I still like those things but then i a real version. I really have my moms work ethic ,I have been working since I was twelve and I started modeling when i was 14 a side  from that I have always been a hustler :P doing al sorts of jobs ( babysitting,catering making cakes etc).Last year I started my first business and it has been profitable in its first year( which I  am really happy about) .  I found out that there is nothing that makes me happier then selling my own products and running my business. I have recently started my second business and that is also starting to grow.Aside from that I get a lot of responsibility at my job (waitress) I have to manage people and make sure that the place is all set for the next night and do the administration of that night (revenue tip etc) . And I would say that I am pretty good at managing people. I started university this year but I made the wrong decision so I am going to stop for half a year and focus on expanding my businesses , working and I want to learn Chinese. I am going to continue university in September I am going to do business administration,In ten years from now I want to have the following:

a successful career in sales for a cosmetics company
3 self sufficient beauty companies
a house and business abroad
make at least 100k a year
no set hours
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 9:17am
My dream lifestyle would be I would be travelling all over the world.  Doing what...I guess a bit of everything, shopping, volunteering, whatever tickles my fancy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>