Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does this mean now:  Quality/Premium Hair??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What does this mean now: Quality/Premium Hair??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 8:36am
India, #7 (rice house), LMAO....

MsMahogany, about Naturegirl, no one has duplicated them since. Not even the vendor who makes her customers get up at 4:00 am on Fridays to buy hair.

I think before an Aliexpress existed the hair was just better all around; that they cheapened the market quality along with the price and even vendors who had somewhat decent hair saw a way to make more money by filling out their supply with plastic and fibers, because overall Aliexpress does a lot of business, despite the very very poor quality of the hair people buy from them consistently. 
Sponsored Links

Brooke@RC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooke@RC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

LOL  Okay well it's good to see that I am not the only suffering here.  It's hard to find true quality premium hair.  There is nothing wrong for those who like the hair that truly isn't quality in terms of weft construction & durability; condition of hair, ends, cuticle alignment; honesty on the status of the hair - processed or authentically virgin. 

When I think premium, quality hair vendors - the only names that come to mind are Extensions Plus and Bliss.  No other companies come into that realm of true honesty with their hair.  There are other good quality hair vendors but they aren't on the level of these companies.  I've said this before but I long for the days of Nature Girl.  Even back when I got into premium hair (2004) the American Vendors at least offered a good product - now it's impossible and the cost is ridiculous.  

I take into the account the demand but also the number of vendors as well.  It's too much foolery and I don't think I have the patience for it like I used to.  

What most people don't wan to hear is you get what you pay for, not always, but many times.  Remember, its so easy to start selling hair, can get it done with little money and up and running with a great website in a matter of 6 weeks or less.   If I had a dollar for every stylist who swears they know hair and thinks processed is Virgin, and Virgin is garbage…….I’d be driving a Bentley. 

There are a few very good companies out there, but good hair is expensive not just because of the raw material but because of the entire process that it takes taking raw hair, and making what people want.  Not all virgin hair is good, sorry, it just isn't.  Hair is hair, and just like many people in this country don't have good hair, neither does everywhere else around the world where people are sourcing hair.

Alibaba, china, Indian vendors----would you buy a good diamond or gold or a car that way?  I know I am sounding intense here, but I meet girls all the time that see great hair, but the price tage is not some buy 1 get one free deal and they say "that is too much".....even when their is a warranty with it.....sigh.  But then they turn around and buy some cheaper hair and complain that it goes to crap in just a few months or even weeks.

Stop believing "best quality" statements and youtube videos that are done by many who have been given the hair for free so they give a good review and move on to their next free hair from the next company.   How many company’s you know offer a warranty?

Some of the companies that you listed buy finished product from the same factory that less expensive companies (that everyone here knows) buy it from. 

Regards,
Brooke

MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by LynnNyc LynnNyc wrote:

India, #7 (rice house), LMAO....

MsMahogany, about Naturegirl, no one has duplicated them since. Not even the vendor who makes her customers get up at 4:00 am on Fridays to buy hair.

I think before an Aliexpress existed the hair was just better all around; that they cheapened the market quality along with the price and even vendors who had somewhat decent hair saw a way to make more money by filling out their supply with plastic and fibers, because overall Aliexpress does a lot of business, despite the very very poor quality of the hair people buy from them consistently. 

Hey Lynn **waves**Embarrassed

I agree - with the introduction of Aliexpress, not Alibaba because that's been around for a while, it has definitely cheapened the market and all around has made it horrible to find decent hair at an affordable price.

I couldn't agree more with the Naturegirl statement.  That particular company wasn't mentioned for a reason...they CAN'T source hair to meet any type of demand - and htis has been since the introduction.  For the most part, they offer a nice product - but not for the money NOR the antics required to purchase what little they have to offer.

Originally posted by Brooke@RC Brooke@RC wrote:

LOL  Okay well it's good to see that I am not the only suffering here.  It's hard to find true quality premium hair.  There is nothing wrong for those who like the hair that truly isn't quality in terms of weft construction & durability; condition of hair, ends, cuticle alignment; honesty on the status of the hair - processed or authentically virgin. 

When I think premium, quality hair vendors - the only names that come to mind are Extensions Plus and Bliss.  No other companies come into that realm of true honesty with their hair.  There are other good quality hair vendors but they aren't on the level of these companies.  I've said this before but I long for the days of Nature Girl.  Even back when I got into premium hair (2004) the American Vendors at least offered a good product - now it's impossible and the cost is ridiculous.  

I take into the account the demand but also the number of vendors as well.  It's too much foolery and I don't think I have the patience for it like I used to.  

What most people don't wan to hear is you get what you pay for, not always, but many times.  Remember, its so easy to start selling hair, can get it done with little money and up and running with a great website in a matter of 6 weeks or less.   If I had a dollar for every stylist who swears they know hair and thinks processed is Virgin, and Virgin is garbage…….I’d be driving a Bentley. 

There are a few very good companies out there, but good hair is expensive not just because of the raw material but because of the entire process that it takes taking raw hair, and making what people want.  Not all virgin hair is good, sorry, it just isn't.  Hair is hair, and just like many people in this country don't have good hair, neither does everywhere else around the world where people are sourcing hair.

Alibaba, china, Indian vendors----would you buy a good diamond or gold or a car that way?  I know I am sounding intense here, but I meet girls all the time that see great hair, but the price tage is not some buy 1 get one free deal and they say "that is too much".....even when their is a warranty with it.....sigh.  But then they turn around and buy some cheaper hair and complain that it goes to crap in just a few months or even weeks.

Stop believing "best quality" statements and youtube videos that are done by many who have been given the hair for free so they give a good review and move on to their next free hair from the next company.   How many company’s you know offer a warranty?

Some of the companies that you listed buy finished product from the same factory that less expensive companies (that everyone here knows) buy it from. 

Regards,
Brooke

Brooke - by no way am I new to this - I'm licensed and well versed with the whole spectrum of purchasing wholesale, sourcing a DIRECT vendor and the suppliers to the vendors.  I think MANY people on BHM KNOW not to follow reviews by YTbers, I don't purchase based on YTbers- never have and don't intend to.  Most stylists are seliing just because there is a market to sell to, so nothing new there that they haven't a clue about hair or more appropriately versed. 

Just to note - the TWO companies I mentioned source their own hair and have factories abroad so yes, there expanse is pretty deep.

As an apparent vendor - I can understand your frustration - however, I purchase quality virgin hair.  I am not interested in purchasing processed hair that yes, I can get cheaper.  Again, I am not new to this.  For those that are, more than a warranty on hair is going to be needed in order to get sales.  A warranty is a nice assurance but so is knowing you have QUALITY hair to begin with so that you DON'T need a warranty.Big smile
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 12:48pm
YTbers? please, they will say anything to get free hair, and to be fair, I guess to some of them, they do get decent quality hair because the vendor makes sure they send them the best bundles and save the rest of the junk for the followers of the review. 
I remember when you could not even find/buy wefts or lacewigs on eBay, it didn't exist.  And when they were finally available it was only AVs, established ones that were selling.  Now? erry'body got an ebay store, sell on IG, FB, Craigslist... all because of the existence of aliexpress where they sell their exotic regions of skinny bundles of brown hair.  That was not an easy task to do before, to become a "vendor".   The hair game is pretty sad now.  Quality/premium is out there, but it is not on aliex and not at aliex prices either.

spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 1:14pm
Great topic! I agree .....it's disappointing buying hair now!
Extensions was the best purchase I made in terms of premium quality hair ..... I'm considering wearing my own hair and adding a few clip ins for a bit more less and thickness . So I'm waiting for a sale on their EPRT.
For the money I've spent on crap hair, I could've have a a few bundles by now!

beauty05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beauty05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 8:21pm
The funny thing is that when Nature Girl was around, we were complaining that they were too expensive.  Some people bought from them, but most did not.  Now that they're gone, we're crying.  We didn't really support them when they were around.  I believe that most of the market can't afford true high quality hair.  Yes, some can afford it, but most cannot.  The truth of the matter is that in order for more high quality hair companies to exist and stay running, we have to support them instead of the low quality, cheaper companies. But that's not what we're doing and herein lies the problem.  Consistently high quality hair is very expensive to source/manufacture due the demand and rarity.  Although Extensions Plus has been touted to have consistently good quality hair through the years, why aren't most people buying from them if they truly want high quality hair???  We want good quality hair, but why do we continue to buy from Ali Express or newer companies without history instead of those with a better history or reputation?  It boggles my mind.
lovinglace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovinglace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by beauty05 beauty05 wrote:

The funny thing is that when Nature Girl was around, we were complaining that they were too expensive.  Some people bought from them, but most did not.  Now that they're gone, we're crying.  We didn't really support them when they were around.  I believe that most of the market can't afford true high quality hair.  Yes, some can afford it, but most cannot.  The truth of the matter is that in order for more high quality hair companies to exist and stay running, we have to support them instead of the low quality, cheaper companies. But that's not what we're doing and herein lies the problem.  Consistently high quality hair is very expensive to source/manufacture due the demand and rarity.  Although Extensions Plus has been touted to have consistently good quality hair through the years, why aren't most people buying from them if they truly want high quality hair???  We want good quality hair, but why do we continue to buy from Ali Express or newer companies without history instead of those with a better history or reputation?  It boggles my mind.

Very good point
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 6:33am
Originally posted by beauty05 beauty05 wrote:

People will continue buying from aliexpress because it's cheap. They will rather spend $600-1000 on multiple purchases from aliexpress then spend a little less on good quality premium hair....doesn't make sense.
beauty05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beauty05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 7:36am
The market will only supply what the people demand, but only at a price that makes sense for both parties.  It's the law of supply and demand.  If we truly want high quality hair, we have to "demand" that through our actions (not just words), so that it can be supplied or so that it makes financial sense for the market to supply it.  We want high quality hair, but we (the masses) don't want it at the price it's being offered for or for what it truly costs.  (That's OK - not everyone can afford or wants to pay for expensive things.)  Because based on what we're seeing - an influx of inconsistent and/or poor quality products because of our actions of continuously buying from/supporting companies that offer inconsistent and/or poor quality products - we're not really "demanding" the better quality.  We want it, but we don't really "wan't it". - At least not that bad Smile
Truth.com: "We'd rather gamble and spend our money numerous times on the "hope" of receiving good quality from a company without solid or consistent history just because they're cheaper, than spend it on companies with a solid history because they're more expensive".
Brooke@RC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooke@RC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 8:10am

Brooke - by no way am I new to this - I'm licensed and well versed with the whole spectrum of purchasing wholesale, sourcing a DIRECT vendor and the suppliers to the vendors.  I think MANY people on BHM KNOW not to follow reviews by YTbers, I don't purchase based on YTbers- never have and don't intend to.  Most stylists are seliing just because there is a market to sell to, so nothing new there that they haven't a clue about hair or more appropriately versed. 

Just to note - the TWO companies I mentioned source their own hair and have factories abroad so yes, there expanse is pretty deep.

As an apparent vendor - I can understand your frustration - however, I purchase quality virgin hair.  I am not interested in purchasing processed hair that yes, I can get cheaper.  Again, I am not new to this.  For those that are, more than a warranty on hair is going to be needed in order to get sales.  A warranty is a nice assurance but so is knowing you have QUALITY hair to begin with so that you DON'T need a warranty.Big smile

The comment about the over seas vendors is not to talk about their size, its to talk about the fact they are simply resellers on a large portion of their products.  No different then if you were to purchase from India and re-sell.

As far as a warranty, its meant as peace of mind and reassurance that someone stands behind their product.  Easy to promise great quality, promises are so easy.....

I was not address you as a stylist, I was saying in general, majority of this industry is uneducated, even many of the sellers.  

Cheers,
Brooke

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair