Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

What does it mean to know how to cook?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

if it taste good and you use maggi in your recipes

This right here... Maggie is everything.. I'm a good cook when it comes down to putting stuff together on a Wimb. YouTube helps a lot also. If you do it once the recipe will be stuck in your head.

this lady right here

because of this lady i finally stopped messing up rice
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 8:12pm
lol the only way to really find out if you know how to cook is to feed a bunch of loud mouths

when the table is quiet you know you handled yours in the kitchen that night. LOLLOL
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 11:14pm
I think there's a difference between knowing how to cook and knowing how to follow recipes. Knowing how to cook is putting things together from your imagination or following a recipe but being able to change it to fit your tastes and of course it tastes good.

I don't think I know how to cook but i can follow directions for a recipe if that makes sense.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I think you can cook if you know how to make at least 20 good dishes without instructions. I let the measuring slide because there are some recipes that call for exact measurements like certain baked goods.

not only that but different types of food...not just soul food.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I think you can cook if you know how to make at least 20 good dishes without instructions. I let the measuring slide because there are some recipes that call for exact measurements like certain baked goods.

exactly and sadly, I am not on that level yet CryCryCryCryCry
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 6:36am
20 sounds so arbitrary
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 6:40am
Lol

Innit though
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:19am
To me, being able to cook means being able to buy food (not processed) and make meals with it without using recipes.  It's knowing what goes with what and what to add to what to make your dish just so.  I think it's knowing how to flavor food without dumping Lawry's or hot sauce all over it.  It's being able to feed a family any meal of the day again, without recipes or processed foods.

Baking is different in my opinion.  I need a recipe for most things.  I can swing a sweet potato pie and some cobblers but when you start talking cakes, turnovers, etc.  I think that's different turf.  
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 8:18am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

if it taste good and you use maggi in your recipes

LOL iDies
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 8:20am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

if you can make the basics: spaghetti, fried chicken, fried poke chops,
tilapia(fried or baked), chilli, chicken tetrazini, pot roast, rice,
mashed potatoes and heat up canned vegetables, then you know how to cook
imho.

Lmao @ poke chops
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs