FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What does advice do for you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 10:24pm
Actually come to think of it, my mom usually give pretty good advice. I usually only stop listening when she tosses religion into the mix
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by babycakebabe babycakebabe wrote:

i cut them off and calmly say, 'wait, please stop - i can not listen to this story'.Geek

LOL  i haven't mastered that skill yet...
if i am not in the mood, i will say lemme call you back in a few...Ouch
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 10:29pm
i don't ask for advice because i don't like people in my business, plus most people give advice that don't even tailor to my needs, and like you said i usually already know what i want to do, so what's the point besides sitting around and just venting; which is another thing that i don't do (goes back to... i don't like people in my business).
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by babycakebabe babycakebabe wrote:

i cut them off and calmly say, 'wait, please stop - i can not listen to this story'.Geek

LOL  i haven't mastered that skill yet...
if i am not in the mood, i will say lemme call you back in a few...Ouch

i've been wilin. i cut off strangers and loved ones alikeLOL
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

oh 

common sense isn't common

let someone else's experience be your hindsight
 i do agree with this, however i'm not usually one to ask for advice. i prefer to just "handle it". when i do ask for advice, i genuinely am at a crossroads and haven't the slightest idea of what my next move is. so i ask in order to gain different perspectives. 

what i find is a problem with many advice givers, is that they think that because you asked for input or an opinion, that you were going to do what they said and will be upset if you don't. people have got to quit that.  you were just asked for a pov-- no more, no less. 

and some lessons have to be learned first hand. 

being the person that people come to, i also have other feelings. but i'll save it for another thread.  
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 11:21pm
I always ask for advice because I'm interested in hearing from a different point of view....Doesn't mean I will apply the advice lol
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 1:08am
My version of asking for advice is presenting a question of, 'Am I tripping? Let me know b4 I do xyz to resolve xxyyzz'.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 1:49am
I rarely ever ask for advice. Which is weird because Im the person most of my friends come to for advice. When I even consider asking for their input I reflect on all the sh!t theyve shared with me and just keep it to myself because I figure they got to much on their plate to be dealing with my sh!t.  Although I know they would be more than willing to lend an ear...Id rather just have talks with myself....Im just weird like that...
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

To start off, let's not deviate the conversation to be about financial, educational, or career advice. I mean personal life.

I very rarely ask for advice about my personal life. Most people I know always ask for advice. I don't mind giving advice or listening to my friends problems. I enjoy being there for them and letting them vent. I just feel like, I don't find value in asking for advice in most cases because I know that I'm going to do exactly what I want anyway. Is there anyone else that doesn't bother asking for advice? Do people ever make you feel like you're being secretive because of this? Asking for advice back and forth seems to be an automatic part of female friendships.

I'm with you

and yes it seems like a major part of "girl talk"

that's one part of "friendship" I don't do to be honest

I only try to seek out people that I really think know what they are talking about if I ask for advice and honestly I don't care what others have decided to do with their life in relation to my own

they aren't me, they haven't lived my life and don't feel what I feel

how can they help me?

rarely do I ask for personal advice
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 6:22am
I don't ask for advice either. My friends are used to me dealing with my problems, and then telling them what happened after the fact.

To be honest, it's a combination of me not liking to air my biz out, and being a control freak when it comes to decisions about my life.

I tend to overanalyze everything anyway, so I usually look at everything from every angle and make the best decision for ME.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic