BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What do YOU think of this picture?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:22pm
^JP, her man gives her money to keep her dreads lookin' tight. Boom!Cool
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:30pm
lmaooooo i laughed so ugly.

basically the black woman gotta handle everything.  lmaooo. sorry but why does she have to carry both?
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:34pm
I think there is a lot of truth to the pic unfortunately. I think women try to hold everyone and everything down and a lot of time put themselves last. 
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 5:31pm
The picture speaks the truth. Tis all.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 3:17am
Confusedskintone????..first thing i noticed...
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 5:21am
This pic is inaccurate. There's a baby involved...that man would leave the world on her shoulders while carrying that baby Stern Smile.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:09am
Indicative of the way things really are in some relationships...
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

This pic is inaccurate. There's a baby involved...that man would leave the world on her shoulders while carrying that baby Stern Smile.
unfortunately this true. We see threads on bhm members themselves in this situation.

Edited by QueenBee - Nov 03 2013 at 9:08am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 10:04am
I'm going to be the odd one out, because I didn't see this image negatively. 

I think this picture epitomizes the quote: "The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants.” I see: Teamwork. Strength. Support. Family.

This image is a depiction of importance of the interdependence between men and women. The man is working to bear the weight of the world on his shoulders, while the woman is the support pillar.

I also see a positive representation of traditional familial roles  where the husband is the provider, breadwinner, and "head of the household" and the wife raises the family,  willingly allows her husband to take the lead in the family, and supports him and her family, helping them to succeed and giving them direction.

Despite having different roles in this picture,  the man and woman both are the epitome of strength (notice the symbolism of the broken shackles on the man's wrist).

This woman's role in this pic (holding/caring for her baby = raising a family) is just as, and no less, important than the man's role in this picture. (Tangent but motherhood is the most important job in the world; "motherhood" = raising a family/child, NOT just having a child; there is a BIG difference between giving birth a child vs mothering them and taking the time to raise them right). 

Edited by purpulicious01 - Nov 03 2013 at 10:06am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 10:15am
Also, you guys:

Just because something is physically under something else does NOT mean that it is weaker just because it is at the bottom. 

The strongest part of a mountain is its base, not its peak.

...Now, I need to get off BHM. Too darn early for me to be typing analytical essays lol

but I am curious to know the artist and the source of the original picture... I want to know the artist's intention.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>