Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

what do you need to take classes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do you need to take classes?
    Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:00pm
go see a counselor

@ your college

Edited by mommykat - Mar 08 2014 at 11:01pm
Sponsored Links

Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:01pm
at a community college? this thing says I need to pass an accuplacer test or SAT. well im 32 and never took the SATs and the math questions on the accuplacer test look scary. yes im virtual moron when it comes math. I thought any idiot who payed could take classes at a CC. Confused

Edited by Josephuss - Mar 08 2014 at 11:01pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:01pm
good luck.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Mar 08 2014 at 11:05pm
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

go see a counselor

@ your college
what do they do, sneak you in? I just applied though so I dont have one.
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

you're the only asian that doesnt know m...n/m. no, you do not need an sat to enroll at community college. they will give you a placement test to determine your aptitude before you select your course of study. good luck.

I said that to myself but since im half asian I guess its the dumb half.
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:07pm
yeah the placement test thats what you take to determine if youre ready to take an actual math class or if you need to start remedial math first (which you dont want bc that doesnt count as credit for math)

Edited by missunfoolish - Mar 08 2014 at 11:08pm
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:12pm
For fun classes--- he does not need all of the above??? math etc...

hmmm... not in Cali

anyways... good luck... Joe
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:12pm
I just wanna take a psychology and sociology class so maybe I dont  need a math  test.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:17pm
you are required to take the math and/or English placement test if you're going to take credit courses.  If you're not interested in actually obtaining a degree but just focus on humanities and social science credit classes then just keep signing up for those type of classes.  You only have to actually take math or English classes if you want to graduate, which you don't, so it doesn't really matter what you place into.  

Things may have changed from the last time I knew, what with all the financial aid and student loan fraud.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 08 2014 at 11:22pm
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

you are required to take the math and/or English placement test if you're going to take credit courses.  If you're not interested in actually obtaining a degree but just focus on humanities and social science credit classes then just keep signing up for those type of classes.  You only have to actually take math or English if you want to graduate, so it doesn't really matter what you place into.  

Things may have changed from the last time I knew, what with all the financial aid and student loan fraud.
thats a relief. dont wanna be ineligible because I cant figure out what 677.90 + a(8/ham) is
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic