Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you hate/love most about your job?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 1:02am
Dislike the foolishness that is non work related

Love telling people what they are going to do... And giving them work /yt folks hate this. Great relationship with my manAger who is also a sister..get to work from home :) oh wait got my kids a job there in which they can work /while in college.. They been saving a lot of coins.. And we all will get company bonus next week!!

Edited by thickblkbarbie - Feb 15 2014 at 1:03am
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

love: 

my actual work

hate:

the environment (everything from weak management to the programs we use to our paper system, the place seems almost purposefully inefficient)

while i like what i do, i'll be looking for a new job within a few months.

ALL OF THIS x1000!

I like what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing. But the programs, redundant paperwork, treating employees like dishonest children etc is NOT whats up.

Multiple people in the same position as me have said they have panic attacks on a regular basis and CRY to and from work every day. I gotta do better ASAP.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:09am

love

my boss is flexible about the time I come in

I can work from home when I need to

the rare times I learn something new and feel accomplished

hate

well let's not go there, I will be typing for at least 15 minutes

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 15 2014 at 6:09am
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:42am
I love:

That I work with a very diverse company and that the management really cares and it shows. I love how they push advancement to higher positions and will help us.

My manager and immediate supervisor are amazing black women who I can go to for anything and will do their best to help.

Can be off when I feel like it.

Great benefits

Can go on my personal time to go get massages from the massage therapist they have on site for us.

The pay is nice. We get our company bonus next month! :)

Cons:

Some of the medical professionals I deal with daily make me wonder how they managed to get through undergrad and med school.

A few people I work with leave little to be desired but I ignore them most of the time.

Having a sit down job can be boring sometimes.

I'm not perfect but I don't always like having to clean up mistakes that can cost a patient hundreds of thousands of dollars bc someone can't read. It's always the same people too...

buttercup89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buttercup89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:51am
Love the breaks. Every one of them is at least 45 minutes. Hate the people though. Gossip is big in my workplace.
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:22am
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

Dislike the foolishness that is non work related

Love telling people what they are going to do... And giving them work /yt folks hate this.

Yes...yes...they do, don't they?
It's almost like they are hardwired to want to accept direction only from people who look like them. Like they've failed in life if a black person is telling them what to do, and how to do it.

Sons-of-Bittches!   
They'd rather a white idiot over black competence.
Yt folk are a case study all their lives. Sometimes I just sit back and watch the show.
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

Im at Starbucks now and I love it!
Making the drinks are amazing to me and it's just an all around fun place to work
I could do without some of the people in charge though...

Good for you.

I like some of Starbucks' corporate governance policies- like the fact that they committed to continue to provide benefits for part-timers. This really helps students. That's why I continue to pay $5 bucks for coffee, water, half and half and caramel flavoring.

The Lord knows that one of my goals in life is to learn how to make a Caramel Latte in my very own kitchen. I am ADDICTED!!!
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:49am
Today will be my 2nd day.

Like:

Most of the clients. Most coworkers aren't that bad. The thoroughness. Seemingly helpful coworkers/management. Advancement opportunities. Being in the position to help

Hate:

I work with only women, enough said. They seem friendly but... Disrespctful kids and counselors who think its funny. Not absolutely sure if i hate the fact that I only work when needed.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:01am
i love the fact that i'm the boss. 

i hate the dumb asses that work for me and if they don't get their act right i'm going to clean house soon. 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:38am
I hate that I can do this at home but I am not allowed to do so. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic