BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you feed your dog?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you feed your dog?
    Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:22am
I just adopted a dog. He's a Pom mix about 15-20 lbs.

I met with his previous owners yesterday. They said he was eating Purina Moist and Meaty and cheeseballs

Idk about the cheese balls , but I was googling the moist and meaty, and apparently it has a lot of trash ingredients in it.

I'm going to take him to the vet soon, and they gave me a bunch of food, but I was just wondering what you guys feed your dog?

I'm am not going to continue with moist and meaty, I know that much. I was reading a lot before I adopted him but I don't recall any of the Pom websites I was on listing a specific brand.

Edited by Addicted19034 - Dec 14 2012 at 12:30pm
Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:03am
I don't have a dog yet but I plan to cook his food so it's fresh...You can pre-cook the food and freeze it and defrost what you need for the week.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:18am
Royal canin (weight care)

They used to get cooked chicken but one if mines got too fat, the vet said they don't need all that protein
Royal canin is like the best

Edited by coconess - Dec 14 2012 at 11:10am
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:50am
Yea his previous owners said he used to be overweight but now he's slim again, so I will look into anything that will help him stay slim
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:01am
my pom eats (as an adult)

he only eats the chicken out of it (spills the vegetables on the floor), so my mom spoils him and makes him plain grilled chicken

he likes this as well

try not to solely feed him wet food like the above. the dry food helps his bowels and relieve the anal glands (the reason you see your dog slide his butt on the floor)

also, my dog maintains his 7-8 lbs weight

ps, he gets a treat a day although he's really only supposed to get 1-2 a week

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Dec 14 2012 at 11:04am
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:04am
Dont do what I do

my dogs dinner last night--
baked chicken, rice, mixed veggies.

his breakfast this morning.
turkey slices, mixed veggies.

he only eats table food.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:07am
as a baby he ate purina pro-plan for puppies. that's what his breeder had him and i kept him on that until we transitioned him to the above
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:09am
petpom http://www.petpom.com/Health_Feeding.html was my go to website 
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:14am
I hate to say it but its best to feed him home cooked meals. A lot of the dog food is just crap. Has preservatives so it stays on the shelf longer. Its just not good for them. NYC's menu is ideal tbh.It can get expensive. I just took my dog off home cooked food since hes a larger breek its time consuming and expensive. If you must go the dog food route try taste of the wild. Its the best imo as far as store bought food. If thats too rich, try diamond brand but make sure it is the no corn, no soy, no grain formula. hth
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:18am
She eats the purina mini bite thingys (cant think of the name). Like others have said, dog food is pretty much junk so if you are extremely concerned about his diet you might as well cook. My co-worker cooks for her dog (a lot of chicken and rice). My dog loves cheese too. As a matter of fact, thats the only table food she actually gets. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic