BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What do you do if vendors use images

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you do if vendors use images
    Posted: May 08 2014 at 9:53am
In looking for my perfect unit from AliExpress to alibaba.com I haveen vendors use photos of people that post on bhm and YouTube to sell their units, I often wonder if these people actually know and consent to this and without knowing if they were genuine customers should I post to let them know even though I am not sure or mind my own bidniz?

Its annoying for me because many of the images I see are oif people whose reviews I appreciate and I don't want to be duped by vendors making claims on units they didn't make.
Sponsored Links

KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:10pm
If you know who the person is, I say tell them so they can request that the vendor take the pictures down.  Most of the time, the person doesn't know.  It brings to mind the Youtuber "Muffins Is My Lover", who, after her first YT account was hacked, she opened a new one.  Someone stole all of her reviews/images and put it on a vendor website, basically saying that she approved these wigs.  YT suspended her account for violating some rule and she had to start all over again.

Sometimes people are sneaky with other people's images.

Edited by KittenWhip - May 08 2014 at 2:10pm
jesivalama77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesivalama77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 9:30pm
I love the pics actual when install head , without any PS . and I love ombre hair like Nana hair yellow/green ombre ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1vF9rf7Y8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1vF9rf7Y8
I want to post a pics here , but don't know how to do
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 2:51pm
I did not know prior or consent when a vendor used images of my kinky straight bundles on his site (my towel and my table underneath) as a product he was selling, and NO, I did not buy any hair from him.  I sent him an email and asked him to take the photos down.  Honestly, you cannot be sure what you are getting by way of the images, especially on aliexpress; you'll see one stock photo on hundred's of sites.  they are either too cheap or too lazy or don't even have the product to post their own pics. Unfortunately, competition is high and vendors do what they have to do to get your dollars, including image theft.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 3:15pm
I see pictures all the time from Yt that I know were sew ins being used to advertise lacewigs. They don't care, only a small few probably have those peoples permission. I see now some vendors are offering a coupon on Aliexpress if you send them a pic of you wearing their product.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic