Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you DIY?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.29  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you DIY?
    Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:20am
From doing your own hair to making jewelry and clothing, or even at home projects, what do you do on your own that you're proud to say you did.

Show us!

(Inspired by Sweet November)

Edited by jonesable - Apr 12 2013 at 8:21am
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:32am

just about everything...LOL  my friends lol @ me all the time because we will see something cute and i will be like...i can make that...LOL

right now i am mainly working on my house.  but i very recently did some baby shower invitations and now i am working on the thank you cards which will be personalized including a pic of the mom to be opening each persons gift she recieved since this (opening gifts) wasn't done at the shower...

here is a bad quality pic of the invite.  oh and that's another thing.  i am the absolute WORST at taking pics of the stuff i do.  i only have this one in my phone because i HAD to send it to the girl who i was working with on the shower to get her opinion on something...lol

the envelopes were blush pink with a wrap around label....

oh and i also designed a website for the shower...Smile

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Apr 12 2013 at 8:37am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:44am
See that's nice.
This is making me want to do my own grad invitations.

Or my cousin has a wedding coming up and she wants to do invitations.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:45am
Hmm...I do my own hair and nails..I painted my dining room myself.  I plan on refinishing my tub and painting it white (it's currently pinkDead) within the next few weeks and retiling the bathroom walls. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I plan on refinishing my tub and painting it white (it's currently pinkDead

ooooooooooooooooooo let us know how that turns out!!!!!!  my cousin has an craptastic olive green bath tub in her master bath Dead  what were they thinking in the 70's???????LOL
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:52am
Hair, skin and nails...i can do on my own. 

I can hem a skirt but that about it in the clothing department.

I can put together bookshelves though.

anything heavy duty...naw, i'll call someone else. I get nervous around drills and stuff. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:55am
I just finished replacing the hard drive in one of the tivos w/ a bigger one. 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

I plan on refinishing my tub and painting it white (it's currently pinkDead

ooooooooooooooooooo let us know how that turns out!!!!!!  my cousin has an craptastic olive green bath tub in her master bath Dead  what were they thinking in the 70's???????LOL
This is actually one of my favorite colors but not for a tub lmaoLOL
My bathroom is pink and grey Cry.  When I bought my house, the inspector said that this color scheme was popular in the 60'sDead
I have been reading up on how to refinish the tub and it seems easy.  They have the paint at Home Depot for like $30.00 and I think I may also need sand paper. 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 9:10am

Hmm...I do my own hair and nails..I painted my entire house, room by room myself.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 9:14am
yeah, i saw that kit at home depot but i am a lil skeptical lol.  if you try it...let us know how it works out!  Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>