BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What do we do now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:47am
Support black owned businesses only, black schools, elect black officials put our people first stop supporting the white man
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Being involved in the politics of education is extremely important as I have learned in this last year with all of our district budget cuts.

These kids are complacent and it's time to change that. 

i cannot stress that enough.

as a parent, you have so much more power than a teacher ever will to affect/begin change.

if there is something you don't like, call/email the superintendent or a higher up. they will listen. esp. if you threaten to call the media b/c the media loves a bad school story.

a lot of parents, esp. parents of our kids, feel like even if they say something, nothing will be done. and while that's understandable, please try anyway.

last yr, the heat went out of my side of the building for days on end, during the dead of winter. we had to wear coats in the classroom. a lot of the parents saw that, and didn't say anything until i called each and every one of them and suggested that if their child is cold and don't like how it is handled, call the board. w/in 24hrs of that phone call, the heat was fixed.

volunteer at school. sit in your child's classroom to know how the teacher instructs.

go to the board mtgs with your child...they try to pass slick sh*t b/c they know its a low public attendance.  your child is a member of that district and should be able to speak.

and also, you are showing them how schools operate...it's much more than just classrooms.

know your board members. research their stance on certain issues. are they for merit pay for teachers? how do they plan on fixing budget deficits and how does that affect your school? what are the graduation rates and what is their plan to improve it? how do they feel about the common core and how will it be implimented? (this is a huge issue...i urge all parents to do their research on common core and their school district)

if kids are complacent, where do they learn it from?

if you want change, you need action. the school is a great place to start.

i know ppl may be tired of me always talking about school and education issues, but it is really important to me and i think a lot of ppl don't really know what's going on.

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Jul 15 2013 at 9:01am
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:16am
I agree with all this, the sad part is black ppl really let themselves believes their votes don't count.

I suggested this at a rally, they said voting :(
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I can't fight with ignorance anymore...

I have yt ppl on my fbk timeline infuriated at the "bias media" because only stories of white suspects/black victims are broadcasted in the news...

I can't.

Me too.  I had to delete those fools.

In the process of deleting now...

I deleted a good number

(they weren't complaining, just deleted them)

why did one try to add me back Confused
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:33am
Lmaoo, maybe you were their daily fix of chocolate??? That means they be watching your page girl, watch out!
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:34am

lol

I was out with family and friends when we all heard the verdict

I was also a bit tipsy

I deleted so many lol

I have known her since I was like 6
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:45am
Oooooh lol understandable
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Being involved in the politics of education is extremely important as I have learned in this last year with all of our district budget cuts.

These kids are complacent and it's time to change that. 

i cannot stress that enough.

as a parent, you have so much more power than a teacher ever will to affect/begin change.

if there is something you don't like, call/email the superintendent or a higher up. they will listen. esp. if you threaten to call the media b/c the media loves a bad school story.

a lot of parents, esp. parents of our kids, feel like even if they say something, nothing will be done. and while that's understandable, please try anyway.

last yr, the heat went out of my side of the building for days on end, during the dead of winter. we had to wear coats in the classroom. a lot of the parents saw that, and didn't say anything until i called each and every one of them and suggested that if their child is cold and don't like how it is handled, call the board. w/in 24hrs of that phone call, the heat was fixed.

volunteer at school. sit in your child's classroom to know how the teacher instructs.

go to the board mtgs with your child...they try to pass slick sh*t b/c they know its a low public attendance.  your child is a member of that district and should be able to speak.

and also, you are showing them how schools operate...it's much more than just classrooms.

know your board members. research their stance on certain issues. are they for merit pay for teachers? how do they plan on fixing budget deficits and how does that affect your school? what are the graduation rates and what is their plan to improve it? how do they feel about the common core and how will it be implimented? (this is a huge issue...i urge all parents to do their research on common core and their school district)

if kids are complacent, where do they learn it from?

if you want change, you need action. the school is a great place to start.

i know ppl may be tired of me always talking about school and education issues, but it is really important to me and i think a lot of ppl don't really know what's going on.

Clap cosign all day long! 
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:59am

Where do we start? At home!!! Yesterday I sat my 4 year old down with tears in my eyes and told her to raise her right fist and say I’m BLACK & I’m PROUD!!! She said mommy “why am I Black.” I said baby because you are a Princess originally from Africa. She said okay mommy “I’m BLACK & I’m PROUD.”

BLACK PEOPLE on 07/13/13 we were reminded how our lives don’t mean sh*t in this white man’s country.  They value a dog’s life more than us… I encourage every black person to invest in their communities if it is all black, stop taking your dollars to the white man.

We must invest in black businesses, schools, development programs and all. We have to organize ourselves accordingly. BLACK FARMERS are needed. BLACK INDUSTRIALIZED REVOLUTION STARTS NOW!!

Buy only from black people and invest your money in black businesses. Stop the flashy materialistic purchases from these white people that will build prisons for your children. Clutch them dollars so tight you forget that white people owned sh*t.

Black people have become cowards. This is the time to stand up and fight the white man’s agenda to dismantle the black home. What happened to the brave hearts that didn’t mind the bloodshed and the sacrifices in the 50’s and 60’s. We need to be just as strong I mean our people walked for months in the rain to sit in the front of the bus it’s called sacrifice.

Rearrange your entire life…. We need SOLIDARITY!!!! No bs let’s support only our people. Someone said in Midna’s thread we need to move out of these urban cities and have a black migration I couldn’t agree more. We need to start keeping a tight grip like the JEWS on every penny spent out our pockets.

Fun Fact: JEWS make up 4% of the U.S. population but own 40% of the wealth!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP WAKE UP BLACK PEOPLE!!!!

I have been blessed to find out how the JEWS stay so wealthy. I have since been trying to get black people on board. I refuse to tell any white or Hispanic person until I have a large number of black families wealthy and we have a surge of black owned businesses. Me and a group of people are trying to replicate the JEWS tenfold system. LET THE BLACK SURPLUS BEGIN!!!!!!

Edited by DarkestBeauty - Jul 15 2013 at 10:03am
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 10:18am
Does anyone know if there is an online directory of Black owned businesses?

Edited by kerysdream7 - Jul 15 2013 at 10:18am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style