Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What do we do now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

I've been doing my part long before this case even came about. I'm the founder and CEO. I started from the bottom, now I'm in the middle. I don't type for the hype. 

are you a rapper?
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

the BSS i go to is black owned and he said that he can't have a credit card machine b/c he is a convicted felon, gun charge i think

Really?  Not even the thingy that you put on the cell phone and customers can swipe their card?  

Interesting..........

idk about that. im gonna suggest it to him.

he's an older man (60s) so he might not know about it.

i wish it would work bc i never carry cash.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:09pm
that look in huey's eyes...

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:28pm
woke up from dreamland to peeLOL (i know, tmi) and had this on my mind. gotta post before i forget.

we keep talking about building wealth, power, education, owning our own businesses etc. which are all very noble things to do, but let us not forget that we HAVE done things at accelerated levels in history and in the present HOWEVER, our efforts have been/are dismantled by the white power at every turn. 

the point i';m trying to make is this:  we don't need them infiltrating. history has proven that their supportive efforts have driven a wedge between the fists we keep trying to make; turning us agaiinst one another while we strive to be more like them.

keep doing these noble things ike building wealth, but keep white people OUT of our business. the "good" ones can support us at a distance by warding off their evil brethren.we have to hold firm. and do it alone.

i'm rambling, but i hope this makes at least a little bit of sense. 

back to bed i go.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

the BSS i go to is black owned and he said that he can't have a credit card machine b/c he is a convicted felon, gun charge i think

Really?  Not even the thingy that you put on the cell phone and customers can swipe their card?  

Interesting..........

idk about that. im gonna suggest it to him.

he's an older man (60s) so he might not know about it.

i wish it would work bc i never carry cash.

Definitely talk to him about that option.  It might be a bit of a pain in the azz since it's on a phone but I know this guy who delivers food on Fridays to our office and he has a similar predicament and was able to get the swipey thing (girl I have no idea what it's called).  It didn't make sense to him to come out more than once a week but now that he has it his business is booming!

I don't carry cash either or my kids take it all
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:33pm
Makes perfect sense Noneyons Thumbs Up
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

I can't seem go get the aroundtheway app to work....have any of you got it working?

Found it last night, mine's working fine Thumbs Up

Hmmm...I'll keep trying...it's prob user error Lol

Yep..user error. Didn't have my location set up Lol
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:38pm
If you work in an organization that encourages community outreach and you are short on time, I suggest becoming a pen pal to inner city kids.  I did this at the last place I worked and I ended up having the same student for her last three years of elementary school before she moved on to junior high.  It was interesting to watch her vocabulary develop in letters and talk about her interests and goals since it appeared that she didn't have the best home life and nobody seemed interested in her. We only wrote letters to each other once a month during the school year (9 months).  I could never send her anything like school supplies or stickers but I'd decorate the letter really nice and personalize it for her.  I asked her a lot of questions about herself which she loved. She liked hearing about my daughters.  The best part was that we would have these long "discussions" about books that I would "suggest".  Great way to make an impact on a student's life.  Little things make a difference
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 12:18am
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

We need more lawyers and people in high offices. 

who refuse to get bought once they get there.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 12:31am
Quick story:

I was listening to a BTR show and this lady (who is hated in most conscious circles) pulled the communities card because she said when u listen to the folks talmbout they want to either go to back to Africa or take over america...that they ain't doing sh*t along those lines. 

She asked the brothers how come u don't encourage your follower's to get into office, go into the belly of the beast because that's the only way you're gonna take this beast out is to infiltrate...like they did the original panter party.   They didn't do nuffin' but cuss her out.  She called them punk ass ninja's.  They'd rather stand on a corner and debate each other instead of the white man and sell incense and "the information" instead of working to get in the system so you can then afford to give away "the information".  Then she was like you can't even go back to Africa because them ninja's over there ain't tryna import no do nuthin' ass ninja's so they don't want you there.  What are you gonna contribute? What can y'all nig*gaz contribute? nothing.  Ain't even got your passports or a plan.

I was going somewhere with this story but I can't remember...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
  Share Topic