Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What do we do now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 26 Votes, Average 4.54  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:44am
you can also go down to your local school board and attend hearings.

go to city council mtgs

contact your congressperson
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:53am
volunteer in schools, ESP. inner city schools. we are always looking for volunteers to read to children, work on academics, etc. and it is always great to see members of the community actively contributing.

get involved in mentorship programs. they can make all the difference
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

volunteer in schools, ESP. inner city schools. we are always looking for volunteers to read to children, work on academics, etc. and it is always great to see members of the community actively contributing.

get involved in mentorship programs. they can make all the difference

I will volunteer at my sons school when he starts going so i can see what is going on and make them aware that i am watching and that i am not an inactive parentClap
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Momeijheii Momeijheii wrote:

Maybe identify issues that impact us most directly? Changes in voting laws--since the VRA is pretty much ineffective in southern states now.

I don't know how to articulate this, sadly. 

Things that could effect our livelihoods like job prospects, changes to public services and things like that? Like, in my state, felons cannot receive barber's licenses. 
I'm probably making no sense.

No you are making a lot of sense and thank you for the suggestions. I never thought of those. 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:00pm

Things that could effect our livelihoods like job prospects, changes to public services and things like that? Like, in my state, felons cannot receive barber's licenses. 

you are making alot of sense...Smile

i can't think of any valid reason for prohibitting an ex-felon from cutting hair...
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:02pm
Thanks for the suggestions!
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:03pm
I've been meaning to volunteer at the PACE center....I pass by one every morning, but since I'm always in a rush to get to work, it always slips my mind...I plan on going there on Monday
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

you are making alot of sense...Smile

i can't think of any valid reason for prohibitting an ex-felon from cutting hair...
It's bullshiit...you are convicted of a crime, serve time & come home & have no means to support yourself. Gaining a business license of any kind becomes difficult if not impossible.  As a convicted felon most jobs are unavailable to you. Most states do not allow you to vote. You can't live in public housing or receive public assistance of any kind. But yet they expect you NOT to commit any crime & stay on the right side of the law...it is all a set-up.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:20pm
yes.  these are the kinds of causes we can easily demand our politicians work to change and hold them accountable.

on a side note.  my ex's brother has a felony.  he does taxes and makes a VERY nice living for himself.  not sure what the laws were like when he started doing taxes regarding ex-felons or if he is grandfathered in.  however, i was a lil shocked when i found out he was an ex-con given that he deals with peoples money AND the irs...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:33pm
the BSS i go to is black owned and he said that he can't have a credit card machine b/c he is a convicted felon, gun charge i think
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
  Share Topic