FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What did your Parents pay for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

Author
Lavinia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavinia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 6:16am
..your first car?
Nope. I already had my 1st job by the time I got a drivers' license. My mom just co-signed as a guarantor of the lease, but I never missed a payment so she never had to pay a cent towards my car, fuel or repairs. This taught me to save for what I want, take care of my big ticket items & manage a (tiny) budget.

...clothes, accessories, etc, while in college?
First three years, yes. In my last year I was working (had a decent paid internship), so I started paying for my own little things and spoiling my family now & then. Felt good.

...your way through college?
        >loans, food cost, etc?
Yes, in a way. My parents are both academics & in South Africa that means their kids go to college for free. They'd only have to pay if I failed my classes, so I still had mad pressure to focus and set a good example for my younger bro & sis.

...anything I haven't mentioned? Geek
- They paid for my medical cover / bills until I finished college. I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed when I turned 19 & that bill was more than my first car. I am so grateful to them for this.
- Haha, it was very late in my life that my mom stopped paying for my haircare. I actually think I started paying for my own haircare when I discovered forums.
- Cellphone. I've had one since highschool, which they paid for. My dad still sends me minutes now & then to guilt trip me for not calling often enough. LOL

Sponsored Links

Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:32am
My parents paid for clothes, food, hair appointments, copays etc. until I began to work. After that all bets were off. My mom started wanting me to pay her and I was very resentful of that.

My parents did not attempt to pay for anything regarding driving or driving lessons. My 29th bday was Friday, and will be paying 100 dollars driving lessons.
I'm hoping I will be able to get my license soon. ;/
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:38am
Afrocentchic, ive heard about you. LOL

I think Ive been to your blog, it's very nice 
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:39am
They paid for my car/medical insurance and graduation cruise. I was on scholarship and worked my way through college so I didn't need much else.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Afrocentchic, ive heard about you. LOL

I think Ive been to your blog, it's very nice 
O.o what did you hear and who said it?! lol
Thank you for the blog love. <3
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:47am
you're well liked here Smile
but I often confused ur name with Afrokock's lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

you're well liked here Smile
but I often confused ur name with Afrokock's lol
awww <3 And yeah, brother kock and I are often confused.LOL 
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 11:03am
* My mother.

Essentially, my mother put me through college (5 years in an over-priced school in NYC).  She paid my living expenses, in addition to food and misc. expenses for 4 years.

She used to pay for my clothes and hair, but now I do that on my own.
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 11:07am
Every and anything I could think up. It was kind of crippling though..
Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:52pm

My parents never paid for anything in my life.

They could really care less.

Now that they are both disabled, the feeling is very mutual.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic