Perfect Hair Collection

What did your Parents pay for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:43am
Please forgive me Alias for Highjacking the thread but I have a question for yall:
Okay so I have a brand new bedroom set. The mattress cost me 1100, the furniture was 1800. So close to three stacks for the bedroom set, cool. So im moving back to my home state after I finish school out here and was telling my dad how I was thinking about selling my furniture so that I can just get a minivan load my things in there and wont have to worry about getting a moving company. He then goes on and says how he wants to buy the furniture off of me. Unhappy. I say ok we'll talk about.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. My dad calls me to tell me that he western unioned me $100 for my bday.Stern Smile. "thank you Daddy." He starts with the furniture. So I tell him that it doesnt make sense to sell him the furniture. I might as well keep it. Im gonna have to pay to have it moved back to jersey and then he SURE AS HELL aint gonna try to pay me what I could get from someone else out here. When I said I wanted to sell it, it was to someone in the florida area who could come and get it from my house. My dad then proceeds to make me feel guilty and says: well maybe we can work on the moving costs and then you'll see how much youre going to sell it for to your "dad". Angry

Am I wrong for feeling like my dad is trying to G me? When I needed furniture he is the last person who would have assisted me in getting it. Now he wants me to give it to him on the five finger discount low low price. THe Hell?!
Sponsored Links

chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:45am
First car...

I started out slightly backwards though.....
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:48am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Please forgive me Alias for Highjacking the thread but I have a question for yall:
Okay so I have a brand new bedroom set. The mattress cost me 1100, the furniture was 1800. So close to three stacks for the bedroom set, cool. So im moving back to my home state after I finish school out here and was telling my dad how I was thinking about selling my furniture so that I can just get a minivan load my things in there and wont have to worry about getting a moving company. He then goes on and says how he wants to buy the furniture off of me. Unhappy. I say ok we'll talk about.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. My dad calls me to tell me that he western unioned me $100 for my bday.Stern Smile. "thank you Daddy." He starts with the furniture. So I tell him that it doesnt make sense to sell him the furniture. I might as well keep it. Im gonna have to pay to have it moved back to jersey and then he SURE AS HELL aint gonna try to pay me what I could get from someone else out here. When I said I wanted to sell it, it was to someone in the florida area who could come and get it from my house. My dad then proceeds to make me feel guilty and says: well maybe we can work on the moving costs and then you'll see how much youre going to sell it for to your "dad". Angry

Am I wrong for feeling like my dad is trying to G me? When I needed furniture he is the last person who would have assisted me in getting it. Now he wants me to give it to him on the five finger discount low low price. THe Hell?!

Sell it,and save a little cash to take dad out to eat when you move back........
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:48am
Sorry for laughing but LOL

Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:57am
Thank you Alias for laughing at my woes.

But seriously, Im trying not to be like that over trivial things. But I hate feeling like im being G'd by ANYONE.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:59am
yeah, your dad is trying to pull a fast one....

my parents paid for nada....
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 9:00am
Everything. I just bought a house and they gave the down payment and closing costs. They grew up poor and now they make 6 figs each so they feel like they are able to give their kids whatever we need. I am blessed to have them.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 9:01am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Everything I am very blessed
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 9:05am
He could really want you to keep it and will pay for the cost of moving in return for you keeping the furniture so you will have it and not have to buy more when you move back. You will lose out on more money to sell it for less and then turn around and buy more furniture when you return. 3 stacks for a bedroom set sounds absurd...but I'm sure it is nice and I don't blame pops for trying to cop it for a nice deal if you are trying to sell it..

Edited by khivey - Nov 03 2012 at 9:10am
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 9:08am
None of the above OP BUT they have been there for every important thing, supported all my endeavors and respected my choices when they disagreed.  I'll take that over money.  I have a lot of friends who's parents use their money and provisions as leverage.  No thanks.  I'm glad to hear so many of you were so blessed.  Being the fourth child in a family of seven, I never had any expectations of financial help lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic