Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did your Parents pay for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>

Author
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:07am
My parents took care of my major NEEDS/expenses for the majority of college. Tuition after grants/scholarships, and rent. I had to take out loans for my last year.

I got a car with my own money after I started working. I begged for one all through college but honestly getting one on my own was the best feeling.
Sponsored Links

313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Nothing lol
this... they have other things to worry about
acaraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acaraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:21am
Umm...I'm still on her health insurance.
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:28am
well I do have insurance
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:37am
Quite a bit.
Got me my first car, paid tuition for my first couple years, paid insurance (health and car). My sister bought me a laptop, paid for my tuition for nursing school and everything else I needed at the time. I bought my second and third cars and I worked because I wanted to..

I still have some student loans scattered in there as well..

My parents paid everything for my sister when she went to college. She worked bc she wanted to.

Now I'm about to go back to finish, and when my mom passed, she made sure her girls were taken care of.. :-) I miss her so much.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Did your Parents pay for...

...your first car? nah... that would be my aunty/bestfriend.

...clothes, accessories, etc, while in college? yup. my parents didn't want me to work while a student. so they paid for this.

...your way through college? scholarships paid for all of that.
        >loans, food cost, etc?

...anything I haven't mentioned? Geek um... after i graduated college.. i lived w/ my mom while i went to law school. I paid some  house bills. but she paid her mortgage.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:48am
Tuition in the States is crazy, though. I'm pretty sure I would have to get student loans if I studied there. My cousins did. it would have been impossible for my folks to pay for that. Canadian fees don't even come close and I studied in the cheapest province in Canada for education
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 12:31pm
After age 17, nothing since they died
Before then normal kids and teen stuff. Nothing outlandish. The most costly thing was a computer + printer back in 1994
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 1:04pm
Everything.
I had scholarships for college but they sent an allowance each month.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 1:06pm
My parents still pay for stuff....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair