FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

What did you do to your hair today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 863864865866867 904>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Moriche Palm Diet

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:38pm
Co-washed and air drying with no product. Will loc method and thread later.
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:24pm
Spritzed with water, massaged my scalp with JBCO/Cayenne.   Then CO.

Will do Aphogee 2-step sometime this weekend.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 5:40pm
cowash with ORS Replenish Conditioner

LEAVE IN CONDITIONERS:

• Garnier Fructis Anti Humidity Smoothing Milk
  • Tresemme Heat Protectant
  • Sedal Liso Perfecto Combing Cream
  • coconut oil
Air dry in either a top knot bun or wrapped

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 08 2014 at 5:55pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:46am
I washed my hair and applied the gelatin + water mixture on my hair for 10 minutes - still trying to find out if this mixture really thickens hair.

Then, I mixed my deep conditioning masque - Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobab - with 2 drops of vitamin E oil, a teaspoon of shea butter, and probably a 1/4 teaspoon of castor oil and of almond oil. I mixed everything, let it sit for an hour, and then applied it on my wet hair. The mixture was kinda of fluffy yet it felt as it was solidifying. I put a shower cap on and will sleep with that on my hair.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:40pm
S&F, I am going to buy the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Thickening Conditioner. They have a whole line including shampoo, conditioner, and the concentrate. They are supposed to fill up each strand and increase its width up to twice the size.   You  are supposed to do it once a week for 3 weeks. By the end of the 3rd week, your hair's diameter is supposed to be much bigger. I don't like sulfate shampoos, so I will just start with the conditioner and the Volume Filler Fiber Amplifying Concentrate. So obviously you will not have more hairs on your head, but supposedly each one will be fatter like coarse hair instead of skinny like fine hairs. That should make the mass of the hair seem greater on the head.  Coconut oil also works similarly to this by filling the cortex and the medulla of the hair although it weighs the hair down so it can't give these type of results as the L'Oreal product.
Maybe we can both tryThe L'Oreal Volume Filler and see what kind of results we each get. Knox gelatin is supposed to make each strand fatter but this new development might work better.... we shall see.
@Benni, please see the comments by VirtueNow in this thread

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 10 2014 at 1:20pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 3:21pm
LadyAradia, does it have sulfates? I don't use sulfate on my hair, the frizz and volume pretty much disappeared after I quit it, but it took a while for my hair and scalp to "detox" from it lol.

eta: it does, I just found the ingredients:

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Hexylene Glycol, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Parfum/ Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Polyquaternium- 30, Carbomer, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide. F.I.L. D163543/2 US Pat Pending

And the little experiment I did yesterday was nice, but I didn't really see any change on my hair. It feels soft though, but it is still damp. I will continue to try that out so I can use all the hair products I have, plus I need to try it several times before I say it made no difference to my hairThumbs Up

Edited by sexyandfamous - Aug 10 2014 at 4:00pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:22pm
Pre-poo'ed with CO last night. Shampooed with CD Monoi, then ApHogee 2-step.
Leave-in-Curly... Twirly Argan Oil 'Be Natural'
Braided with Yarn.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

LadyAradia, does it have sulfates? I don't use sulfate on my hair, the frizz and volume pretty much disappeared after I quit it, but it took a while for my hair and scalp to "detox" from it lol.

eta: it does, I just found the ingredients:

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau,
Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-betaine,
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride,
Glycol Distearate, Hexylene Glycol,
Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Parfum/
Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Guar
Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,
Lactic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Polyquaternium-
30, Carbomer, Linalool, Limonene,
Citronellol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone,
Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium
Hydroxide. F.I.L. D163543/2 US Pat Pending

Thumbs Up

I am only getting the conditioners I do not buy any type of shampoo, sulfate or otherwise. i only cowash (Like WEN Cleanser)
S&F, you posted the ingredients to the shampoo.  Even L'Oreal's site has that error. I found the actual ingredients in  the conditioner on CVS's website
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Starch Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linalool, Limonene, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Citronellol, Geraniol. F.I.L. D159388/3 US PATENT 6,953,573 US Pat Pending

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 11 2014 at 1:37pm
luvinurhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvinurhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I washed my hair and applied the gelatin + water mixture on my hair for 10 minutes - still trying to find out if this mixture really thickens hair.

Then, I mixed my deep conditioning masque - Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobab - with 2 drops of vitamin E oil, a teaspoon of shea butter, and probably a 1/4 teaspoon of castor oil and of almond oil. I mixed everything, let it sit for an hour, and then applied it on my wet hair. The mixture was kinda of fluffy yet it felt as it was solidifying. I put a shower cap on and will sleep with that on my hair.

I just bought the Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobab deep conditioning masque last Friday and used it over the weekend for the first time.  Not sure how I feel about it yet.  How do you like it so far?  I like the mixture you used with it and will try it the next time I deep condition.  Thanks!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 1:38pm
Spritzed with pH adequate water.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
DH Gate
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon