BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your hair today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 850851852853854 861>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:49pm
Hi, Benni i haven't yet...will Wednesday or Thursday then i'll be able to get yarn ot weaving thread...my hair still damp i may try with regular thread but it's so weak not sure i'll see tomorrow.

Benni did you fold then ends up and tie them down?
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:50pm
Deep conditioned my hair today with the Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab masque and put on a shower cap for about 2 hours. I had to walk my dog so I removed the cap and I won't wash it off. My hair smells nice and looks beautiful.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 10:23pm
My ends look a bit dry, so I applied a bit of MABH oil on them. Thing is, that stuff stinks even when I put a tiny bitDead
So I added probably a tablespoon of cocoa oil inside the container and shook it. Tiny change, but smell still strong. I added 3 drops of spearmint oil, closed the top, and shook it again. Smell is still there. I said fvck it, and added less than a quarter teaspoon of castor oil just 'cause, and then after shaking it, I applied it on my hair.

I will wash my hair tomorrow morning with ACV or else it will look too oily. I just made up my mind about not buying MABH for a while for now. I wasn't consistent and I think it was because of the smell.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:21am
Went ahead and threaded using elastic well those goody ouchless headbands...feels a bit heavy so i know i can't wear a wig or ponytail...a beanie will do just keeping this in till i get something eles.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:10am
Reli I think the kanekalon hair might work better that the African braider talked about in the video. Hopefully you will get some stretch out of it though. I know those pony tail holder you used  left a lot of gaps so I am sure if you redo it with something that can cover the whole hair  it will be better. I saw on youtube that people often take it out and redo it for round 2 for further stretching. I will do mine today as soon as I cowash. 

I don't like how she did it leaving big gaps. I like how the professional braider wrapped the whole strand leaving no gaps for a smoother effect.
I think if the little girl's hair is oiled, then braided in at least 2 large braids every night and tied down with a scarf sleekly every night  it will help to maintain it.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 01 2014 at 9:19am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 2:14pm
@ Lady used the headbands they cover the whole strand i used 2, one could have worked but it would have been spaces what made me think to use them was the elastic you suggested so i thought this is simular enough without having gaps.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Hi, Benni i haven't yet...will Wednesday or Thursday then i'll be able to get yarn ot weaving thread...my hair still damp i may try with regular thread but it's so weak not sure i'll see tomorrow.

Benni did you fold then ends up and tie them down?

Sorry I did not see this before.
I folded up making the loop of hair large enough, and did not thread that part of it. A little paranoid about those fragile ends
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:09pm
This latest video shows how I did mine. My thread was doubled, but that did not make it any better than hers

The gaps were wider is some places. I don't mind because I somehow felt reassured that I was still able to spritz it with water, and put a little moisturizer on my actual hair.

I am trying to imagine how it is done with the elastic..
Is there much slipping, and do you have to knot the top and bottom of the elastic ??
------------------------------------------------------

My threading is still holding up in the front, but the back is loosening. No surprise there

I am leaving them it though because the ends remain intact, and the whole point, at least for me is low manipulation.

Hopefully I can make it through to the weekend.

Edited by Benni - Jul 01 2014 at 3:10pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:27pm
You would use the elastic same as thread it's just easier cause it's covers more. I just kept wrapping till i couldn't go any futher then folded the ends upwards till i ran out and put the little bands to secure. No slipping at all i had to redo one...was too tight.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:30pm
Yea i don't feel so sure about tying it...scared it would be difficult to undo.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 850851852853854 861>
  Share Topic