BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What did you do to your hair today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 849850851852853 876>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:30pm
Rinsed out conditioner this morning. Moisturized and sealed. Threaded
Lost a lot of hair this week. I think it's because I moisturize daily, but skipped a Protein treatment last week.
My hair keeps me on my toes. It's so frustrating
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:42pm
Thanks  for that. You are reminding me to do an apHogee since I am using Care Free Curl.
I will have to get some more Bragg Liquid Aminos because it contains hydrolyzed soy protein which is a protein molecule sufficiently small to enter the hair follicle. Also the knox gelatin  is hydrolyzed collagen. 

Regarding the question of eggs and mayo, although eggs and mayo do not contribute protein to the inside of the hair follicles they do coat the strand. They do therefore offer an external coating of protein similar to the way that ceramide oils coats the hair without necessarily entering the medula and cortex. One may use Braggs Liquid Aminos as a natural source of hydrolyzed soy protein and Knox Gelatin as a source of hydrolyzed collagen. Both of which contain molecules sufficiently small to enter the follicles. The egg and mayonnaise ARE GOOD for external coatings of protein and the hydrolyzed products are good sources to penetrate the internal regions of the shaft. So treatments to the external and internal regions of the follicles are both beneficial to the hair in different ways.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 29 2014 at 4:02pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 4:28pm
Okay. Great information.   Thank you for clarifying.

Here I sit thinking 'I need to get Infusium 23'.

Guess it's not that simple

janeleonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote janeleonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:51am
I just had a hair wash with shampoo and conditioner base. It does worked out well to leave my hair soft and smooth.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 7:09am
So Benni, what did you use to thread your hair this time? I am going to get some  jumbo braid kanekalon hair for this too.
Did you use the brush and tight scarf method for the  hair on the edges?
Tells us how it works our for you  and if you can fit it under the  wig nicely.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

So Benni, what did you use to thread your hair this time? I am going to get some  jumbo braid kanekalon hair for this too.
Did you use the brush and tight scarf method for the  hair on the edges?
Tells us how it works our for you  and if you can fit it under the  wig nicely.

Hi; I used weaving thread because it's what I has on hand. I was not fully invested but wanted to try.

Not sure what the brush & tight scarf method is

My edges aren't a problem. They lay flat when I am moisturized and just use my hands to smooth it, but I use a scarf at night because I don't want the oils/sulfur used on my scalp to get directly on my pillow, then my face

Have not gone anywhere where it necessitated me wearing a wig.   I don't think it will be a problem though because my hair is not dense so the threading was not bulky.

It did fit nicely under my hat though.   Not tight at all.

All in all,   I like the results and may continue doing it for a while if the outcome is favorable after this initial trial.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 6:02pm
Great Benni, let me know how it turns out !
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 6:19pm
Co-washed, did a mild protein treatment, deep conditioned, loc method, and air drying in four braids.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 6:51pm
Will do Lady A.   When will you be doing yours

Spritzed with Water/EVOO mix.
Massaged scalp with Sulfur-Oil mixture.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Co-washed, did a mild protein treatment, deep conditioned, loc method, and air drying in four braids.

Hi rell85; Did you do threading on your hair also

If so, what did you end up using, and how do you like it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair