Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What City Should You ACTUALLY Live In?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 4:55pm
London
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Oodles of noodles, how do you like Portland? It looks good on paper and in pics lol.Embarrassed

Hi CC Embarrassed

Well, Im not really one to like things for the sake of liking things because I need to digest a sh*t ton just so I know that I really like something and Im not lying to myself..... But I actually love it here.

•Theres A LOT of restaurants with a variety of food choices at reasonable prices. 
•The people in general are WAY nicer than anything I've experienced on the Northeast.
•As far as the city goes its very progressive and liberal.
•Beautiful Scenery and a lot of outdoorsy activities if your into that kind of thing. (I plan on getting a bike and biking to work pretty soon).
•Not too expensive.. so I will be able to afford a nice house With a Garage! and not break the bank.
•Weather has been pleasant thus far... around 55 degrees and sunny which is wild because I was expecting rain and more rain.
•A blue state with no sales tax.

•But my main thing is the pace. Its more suited for my liking. See, on the east coast it was ... Rarrr Rarrr... Time is money... Time is money!!".. and everybody was in a rush on some dog eat dog.. "I'm getting minds n***a". Plus I was living in a survival neighborhood (nice condo/ But lower middle class). People weren't living at all. When your just surviving, you could care less about anything that does not involve you and yours, and that mentality is contagious. You could feel it through out my neighborhood.

(Cons so far)
• Shopping could be a little better (they don't have a Zara here yet) but its all good.
• Night life could be popping off a little better
• Its small so you tend to see the same people from time to time.

In conclusion, The city won't blow you away like Tokyo or LA ect, but as far as living here goes my quality of life is much better (for me at least) and overall it feels much safer.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I got Paris, but I don't like whites, so I don't know how that would work.

Confused
there are black ppl there.. 

Edited by coconess - Jan 20 2014 at 5:03pm
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Confused
yes there are, Kanye and Jayz made a whole song about it

LOL
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Confused

There are black people everywhere, but I prefer to live in/near cities that are majority black.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:22pm
Well it sounds like a winner to me! I'm glad you are enjoying your stay. A liberal state with no sales tax? Guuurl lol

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Oodles of noodles, how do you like Portland? It looks good on paper and in pics lol.Embarrassed

Hi CC Embarrassed

Well, Im not really one to like things for the sake of liking things because I need to digest a sh*t ton just so I know that I really like something and Im not lying to myself..... But I actually love it here.

•Theres A LOT of restaurants with a variety of food choices at reasonable prices.Big smile 
•The people in general are WAY nicer than anything I've experienced on the Northeast.Big smile
•As far as the city goes its very progressive and liberal.ShockedBig smile
•Beautiful Scenery and a lot of outdoorsy activities if your into that kind of thing. (I plan on getting a bike and biking to work pretty soon).Big smile
•Not too expensive.. so I will be able to afford a nice house With a Garage! and not break the bank.Big smile
•Weather has been pleasant thus far... around 55 degrees and sunny which is wild because I was expecting rain and more rain.Big smile
•A blue state with no sales tax.Big smileBig smileBig smile

•But my main thing is the pace. Its more suited for my liking. See, on the east coast it was ... Rarrr Rarrr... Time is money... Time is money!!".. and everybody was in a rush on some dog eat dog.. "I'm getting minds n***a". Plus I was living in a survival neighborhood (nice condo/ But lower middle class). People weren't living at all. When your just surviving, you could care less about anything that does not involve you and yours, and that mentality is contagious. You could feel it through out my neighborhood.Star

(Cons so far)
• Shopping could be a little better (they don't have a Zara here yet) but its all good.
• Night life could be popping off a little better
• Its small so you tend to see the same people from time to time.

In conclusion, The city won't blow you away like Tokyo or LA ect, but as far as living here goes my quality of life is much better (for me at least) and overall it feels much safer.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:26pm
oodles, send me a pic por favor 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:43pm
@ CC.. if you're ever in the city, let me know.. we can get coffee or get Pine State Biscuits .
:kobelol:

@ Coco.. lemme find one.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 7:27pm
k, im waiting..... 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 7:33pm
I haven't took a ton of pics yet but this was friday.. a nice pleasant afternoon on the train

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style