Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your dreams?
    Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 12:54am
And I don't mean the kind you have when you're sleeping.

I'm tombout your dreams for life.  What goals do you have?  If you imagine yourself reaching the apex of Maslow's hierarchy of needs and achieving self-actualization, what would that look like?

What are you doing right now, today, to help make that happen?  If you're not doing it what could you actively do today to start taking steps towards that path?

Does your dream scare you?  IMO it should.  Do your friends and family know about your life dream?  Do you know you even know what it is?

Sponsored Links

coilyartist View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 1:54am
I want to be an entrepreneur.
I want to open my own translation/interpretation service
I want to own a catering company as well...

Yes, I am in university for languages and graduate in May 2011.
I will be applying for grad school in the spring (I'm super nervous).

Yes, I am scared. I am going to try to start dating again, once I have come out to some more people who I feel will be sticking around in my life a lot longer than I thought LOL.

I want a wife, I want children...I am taking leaps and bounds to accomplish all my goals...

*Sigh* They frighten me so, but I believe I can achieve them!
supermodelsonya View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 8:54am
I want to be working as a writer. I want my daughter to grow up well.
I've written several screenplays and teleplays and just waiting for something to happen in regards to the progress I've made.

I  am ready to get out of Hammond IN and explore....
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 12:47pm
WHY did i just do a google search for the word "tombout"
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 4:17pm
I know I've mentioned it before, but I want to live completely off-grid, in a house made entirely of environmentally friendly materials, preferably in a cave or pre-fabbed home.

I also want to be completely unplugged from corporate life, and this includes employment and consumption of goods.  My reliance on these things displeases me.

I need to write the books that I have floating around in my mind.  Yes, I'm insanely busy right now, but I also have an interest in writing them right now.  So I have to carve out the time to make it work somehow.

Some of the things I'm yearning to do are so radical that it's conceivable that my husband may leave me if I choose to pursue those crazy dreams.  I will lose the last shred of respect from my family for continuing to "do me", and most of my friends who are plugged into corporate life and love it just won't understand, and they'll write me off.

That scares me.  Tremendously.  But thinking about reaching middle age and still living in a trapped bubble of the life I don't want is even more terrifying.  I could definitely foresee how fed up I would be with myself that I would probably just "take myself out".

I need to think about what I can put into motion today to make these things happen.

*EDITED FOR CLARITY*

Edited by Arielle - Jul 22 2010 at 9:40pm
ejfel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Arielle Arielle wrote:

I need to think about what I can put into motion today to make these things happen.

I say practically this everyday, and every day I constantly get in my way to fulfill what I need to do. I don't know what it is that I'm so afraid of, and like you, I always think that I won't live to a ripe old age, because of my goals and if they come to fruition. Maybe that's why I knowingly sabotage myself? Who knows Confused
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 7:18pm
My dream is to be able to see my artwork out there. To make a full and complete living doing what I love. I also want to be completely independent, well traveled, maybe even live in another country (hello, Sweden!) someday.

I'd really like to get myself into a financial situation such that I don't have to worry about plugging away in an office for the majority of my life. I just cannot live that way.

I want to get my writing up and running, and maybe regain the same kind of imagination I had as a child. I'm going to apply for grad school this summer, and am looking to major in creative writing.

I'd also like to have a dog...sounds like the simplest "goal", but all throughout my life there have been obstacles in the way of my finally becoming a mother to a beautiful lil puppy. Plus I think the companionship would be spectacular, as I don't see myself with a significant other in the future.

Edited by TransitAngst - Jul 22 2010 at 7:20pm
PensiveChic3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 8:07pm
I want to write something important and be published. I want a beautiful, safe living space conditioned by fresh air. I want to fall deep into love and never get up. I want to embrace every day with open arms. And I believe that I am on my way toward these dreams--because at least I've put them into the universe.
coilyartist View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 8:08pm
Oh yea, my other thing...I want a pixie Bob cat...and a scottish terrier....My mum is helping me achieve my animals...hopefully I get them next yr when I get my own place.
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 8:24pm
i want a cat, dog and chicken lol. i want a kitty first

i'm really confused what i want career wise. i was helping my little brother do his CV and i felt really right  helping him. i generally do when i help people progress. i feel fulfilled expressing my self creative side as well
i'm doing the wrong degree but i thought i could make myself love it like i love helping and being creative but nay

that will change come next semester idk how but it will. things are temporarily complicated uni wise for now
i tend to be a confused person

i want to speak 5 languages as well. one down lol

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic