BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are your Dating Pet Peeves ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your Dating Pet Peeves ?
    Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:29am

The Top 10 Biggest Dating Pet Peeves According to Men

Relationships writer, editor, and full-time N.Y. Rangers fanatic. Loves sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of cohabiting with her soon-to-be hubby (whether he likes it or not).

You meet a nice, attractive guy (read: H O T). He asks you out. You pick out the perfect date night outfit. You return that for a hotter date night outfit (and splurge for the shoes to match). You get your hair did, you’re rocking a serious mani and your smoky eye is blended to perfection. Yes, you’re all ready for the big night out… but did you know that one false move could totally kill the whole thing? Yes, my dears, guys have some real pet peeves when it comes to the ole dating game, and I’ve compiled the best to steer clear of from my buds.

Pin It
0412_man-with-watch-woman-finishing-drink_sm.jpg

Before you go on your next date, take note of the biggest pet peeves of some of my best dude friends:

1. "Don’t be rude to the wait staff at a restaurant.”—Kyle, 25

2. "Don’t TwitPic the entrée you just ordered on a dinner date. And, with that same entrée, don’t look at it, take one bite and say something about being full or carb conscious.”—Andrew, 30

3. "Talking about yourself way too much is the worst. There is a difference between pride and vanity.”—J, 28 (you know, my BF!)

4. "If you’re dating someone, don’t be constantly late.”—Brian, 29

5. "Not being a good conversationalist. I am pretty good at making conversation but it shouldn't be my sole responsibility to drive the convo all night. Dates can be awkward for the both us, but let's get to know each other and not be so weird about it.”—James, 28

6. "No smoking.”—Matt, 24

7. "If something’s wrong, don’t say it’s ‘nothing’. Mean what you say.”—Kyle, 25

8. "Don’t be sarcastic if I messed something up.”—Pete, 32 (aw)

9. "Not even offering (or pretending to offer) to help with the bill is a huge turn off. Don't get me wrong, I will never let a girl pay on a date, no matter how bad it is but not even offering when the bill comes like it's just expected is usually a deal breaker for me.”—James, 28

10. "Texting: don't do it at the table. Save it for the bathroom to tell your best friend how amazing the date is.”—J, 28 (By the way, on our first date I snuck into the bathroom and texted my sister, “This is the best first date I’ve ever been on!”)

And a few extra Don’ts from a lady’s (OK, my) perspective:
-Don’t make fun of your date. When I first graduated college, I met this guy and was really nervous. I was trying to seem “funny” and “cool” and started to make fun of him… but I went too far and hurt his feelings. He stopped calling.

-Don’t curse like a sailor. Yes, when I drink I throw out a few unladylike terms, but I didn’t when I first started dating J. You know, I played that whole "demure" card.

-Don’t kiss and tell. Yes, you tell your best friend everything, but it's nice to leave some things between you and your man. Although I do tell you guys most things about J…

-Don’t be afraid to go after what you want. Why is all the power in the guy’s hands? If you like him, tell him. If you want to see him, make plans. If you want that kiss already, kiss him first! If he’s not reciprocating, then he’s probably not the one for you anyway.

Well, there you have it. These are the biggest pet peeves according to my guy friends. Can you think of any others you’ve heard of? What are YOUR biggest pet peeves when it comes to men? I’ll go first: J has a habit of saying “yes” when I ask him if I look alright without ever looking away from his game of Angry Birds. Not cool!

Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:42am
I'm guilty of number 9, and I haven't had any problems. I don't plan on changing that anytime soon either. I pay twice a year, Sweetest Day and his birthday. I'm pretty good about avoiding the rest though. 

That is a good list all-around though. I like it. Thumbs Up
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (23) Thanks(23)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:47am
9. "Not even offering (or pretending to offer) to help with the bill is a huge turn off. Don't get me wrong, I will never let a girl pay on a date, no matter how bad it is but not even offering when the bill comes like it's just expected is usually a deal breaker for me.”—James, 28
BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:51am
I Never paid for a Dinner date . You ask me out and think i will go half ? LOL
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I'm guilty of number 9, and I haven't had any problems. I don't plan on changing that anytime soon either. I pay twice a year, Sweetest Day and his birthday. I'm pretty good about avoiding the rest though. 

That is a good list all-around though. I like it. Thumbs Up
ClapLOLCry
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:52am
I hate most dating rules. Some people only listen to them because they want to benefit from them or will throw "But that's tradition!" in your face.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:52am
I see nothing wrong with offering.In fact it's probably a good move to see what kinda guy you're dealing with.
If he does accept then you know.

I don't mind guys having pet peeves.
I do

I don't offer but I def see the rationale.

Edited by jonesable - Feb 12 2013 at 8:53am
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:53am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I almost felt guilty.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:56am
clueless on chivalry & lying attention whores
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>