Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT ARE YOU WEARING IN SPRING & SUMMER?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 32 Votes, Average 2.88  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 11:11am
Speaking of Replicas I bought one of those bandage dresses. I wasn't buying a Herve because i wasn't paying Herve prices or anything near it . I just like the dress and purchased it. I received the dress on Monday and the damn dress had a Herve tag on the dress and also the BCBG price tags along with the website and everything like it real.I was so disgusted. I was kinda confused like why would they do that.I would rather wear a no name item than something that is willfully mislabeled. 
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 11:52am
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I aint got a problem with people buying knockoff bags...but shoes?? No no!!

Shocked
im so surprised.. 
not you too... i wouldnt have thought you.. 
my feelings are hurt
OuchDead

i dont mind things like look-alike bandage dresses (it being labelled as herve is gross though).. but replica bags and shoes? 
Sleepy

Edited by coconess - Jul 26 2013 at 11:57am
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 8:55pm
July 30th, 2013
Plus Sized, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Summer 2013 Style Inspiration Curvy Girl Edition: What to Wear to a Family Reunion
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Tuesday ladies! We are in the thick of summer which means I’m tackling more summer-inspired style inspirations. And what says summer more than a family reunion?

Reader Jenise  is looking to put her best style foot forward when she accompanies her BFF to a family reunion. She writes, “Hi Danielle! Please help girl! I’m attending a family reunion in North Carolina with my best friend. Although I am just a guest, I would like to look fashionable since this is my first time meeting this side of her family! I’m a size 18, curvy girl. Could you offer a little inspiration?”

Well of course I can! The first impression no matter the event is undoubtedly the most important factor when first meeting someone, let alone an entire family. So today I’ve got you covered. I’ve styled a few casually chic looks guaranteed to give you a few cool points with your BFF’s fam while you enjoy the weekend’s festivities.

First up, rock a pair of mint green Bermuda shorts topped with a sleeveless chiffon marigold yellow blouse. Jazz up this casual look with a few embellished pieces including a two-tone triangle statement necklace, tri-tone tassel earrings, and Miu Miu metallic grey noir sunglasses.

Curvy Girl Style Inspiration What to Wear to a Family Reunion 1

Lastly, step into a pair of stylish sandals and throw all of your daily essentials into a white shoulder handbag to complete the look.

For option #2, create a chic and summery ensemble with a floral print skater skirt subdued by a simple short-sleeve top.

Curvy Girl Style Inspiration What to Wear to a Family Reunion 3

Let your accessories liven things up with a pair of strappy sandals, a bold beaded necklace, and an oversized clutch. Add the finishing touches with a pair of gold hoops and retro shades.

Go for simple and chic with a casual black high-low maxi dress paired with tribal print wedges, and a Vince Camuto color band fedora. Add a bit of sparkle with a gold and ivory drape necklace and a pair of statement earrings like these peacock crystal feather earrings.

Curvy Girl Style Inspiration What to Wear to a Family Reunion 2

Grab your trusty handbag and throw in a pair of oversized sunglasses and you’ll be set for the day’s events.

And lastly, in the event of a formal family dinner or a night out on the town, get fancy in a leopard printed frock. Compliment this printed piece with a bold shoe, a sparkly sunburst bib necklace, a dazzling pair of earrings, and a box clutch.

Curvy Girl Style Inspiration What to Wear to a Family Reunion4

What do you think? Have any of these looks given you a few ideas for the family reunion?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 9:40am
August 8th, 2013
Paris, Shopping, Style Inspiration, Travel, Vacation, What to Wear
Summer 2013 Style Inspiration: What to Wear for a Trip to Europe
By Danielle Nicole

Is it Friday yet? No? Okay. Well to get out of my work week slump, I’ve composed a super chic What to Wear for a Bombshell who is taking her very first trip to Europe.

Alexandria writes, “First, I want to say I love this site and go on everyday! So I’m submitting this in hopes of getting some inspiration for an upcoming trip to London and Paris in late August. This will be my first time to Europe and I want to see everything while looking Euro-Chic as well as (somewhat) comfortable as I check all the sights. I’m going to London for the Caribbean carnival and anticipate being a bit more casual there but would love to go full on sophistication for Paris. I hope that you can help! Thanks!”

Ms. Alexandria, you must take me with you! This trip sounds absolutely fabulous and I’m more than envious that you will be jet setting to Europe in just a few weeks. But I’ve put my jealousy aside for the moment and created a number of outfit suggestions that include flirty skirts, demure silhouettes, and classic pieces that I think will have you more than ready to take on Paris and London.

So first things first, let us tackle your Parisian excursion, shall we?

For look #1, I wanted to mix playful prints with statement pieces so I styled this red animal print Moschino pencil skirt topped with a Moschino Cheap and Chic embroidered cat-intarsia sweater. For an additional dose of chic, add in a bold clutch, ballerina flats, and oversized sunglasses.

What to Wear for a Trip to Paris

Lastly, glam things up with a pair of oval pearl earrings and a classic red lip as the finishing touch to this stylishly flirty ensemble.

Create classic head-to-toe Parisian chic with a Ted Baker Bow T top mixed with a checked design knee length A-line skirt. Accent this black and white ensemble with a pair of Miu Miu ballerina flats or BCBGMaxAzria Tanta  metallic heel pumps and a black leather Marc Jacobs handbag.

What to Wear for a Trip to Paris 2

For a touch of glamour, give the traditional pearl necklace option a slight twist by opting for a bib necklace, slip on your most stylish sunnies, and give a quick spritz of a Chanel fragrance to complete this sophisticated look.

And for your final Parisian look, give the skirts a rest for a pair of pleated shorts or a pair of boot cut dark denim jeans, a ruffle short sleeve blouse, and stylish flats.

What to Wear for a Trip to Paris 3

Keep a striped cardigan and a printed scarf handy. And finish this casual look with a pair of stud earrings and a navy and white satchel.

And now for London…

When I think of Carnival, I think of bedazzled head pieces, bare mid-drifts, plumage, and the like. But since you are merely an onlooker and not a performer (I’m assuming), I’ve set you up with a carnival-esque ensemble with a Joie Giunia dress mixed with Giuseppe Zanotti beaded flat sandals and an ITA collection Farrah clutch.

What to Wear for a Trip to London

Compliment this vividly festive frock with a gold and beaded tassel necklace, black Miu Miu shades, gold bangles, and a berry lip.

When you’ve had your fair share of dirty-whining and Caribbean merriment, take in the tourist attractions of London in a pair of snake print trousers, a Helmut Lang pullover, and a black blazer.

What to Wear for a Trip to London 2

Work in a few accent pieces with a pair of leather ballet flats, a Celine Trapeze handbag, a London name plate necklace, and a set of bangle bracelets.

And to cap off your London wardrobe suggestions, take an edgier approach to a casual look.  Opt for a burgundy biker jacket, an asymmetric leather trimmed tee, and a khaki draped cotton skirt.

What to Wear for a Trip to London 1

Accent this look with a pair of suede wedge sneakers, a beige color block satchel, printed scarf, and gold accessories. And as I’ve been told, London is no stranger to sporadic spouts of rain during the summer, so match your umbrella to the hue of your jacket and you’ll be set to take on Oxford Street.

And that’s it! I hope you have a wonderful time in Europe! Which look will you recreate for your trip?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 9:27am
August 15th, 2013
Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Summer 2013 Style Inspiration: What to Wear on Your First Day of Senior Year of College
By Danielle Nicole

The end of summer is vastly approaching as the back to school season has officially arrived. If you haven’t already run up your credit card bill adding a few Fall worthy pieces to your wardrobe, maybe today’s style inspiration will have you clicking away.

Khadija writes, “I am starting my last year of undergrad and I am really excited. College are the years where your style evolves from little girl to grown woman. I have done just that. What can I wear to spice it up from the first day of class moving forward. I do go to school in Atlanta so I have to be cognizant of the weather.”

Entering into your senior year of college can bring about a number of mixed emotions as you will be closing one chapter of your life and entering into another. And as you’ve matured throughout your undergrad years, I’m sure your style aesthetic has most likely transitioned with you.

To start off your school year in the right direction, I’ve compiled a number of wardrobe options that call for  versatility, sophistication, and sass. And I am quite conscious of the college student budget as splurging on designer digs is usually a difficult feat for the average coed. With that being said, the key pieces for today’s style suggestions are from budget-friendly labels so you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank. So let’s dive in shall we…

Jewel tones mixed with rich neutrals are classic Fall worthy combinations that work well when you’re looking to vamp up your day to day wardrobe. So for option #1, I spruced up a simple jersey tank top with a burgundy jacquard-weave skirt. Incorporate a lace up bootie like a pair of Boutique 9 Orrino peep toe ankle boots or opt for an embellished flat like these Steve Madden Inklet suede flat pumps.

What to Wear on Your First Day of Senior Year in College

Compliment the color palette of the skirt with a burgundy top handle and contrast panel bag and a taupe waterfall jacket. For the finishing touches, add a bit of shimmer to this fun and flirty number with a Vince Camuto horn necklace and a pair of Kelly Wearstler stone rod earrings.

A wardrobe essential that always gives a grown and sophisticated vibe is a structured blazer. Create a preppy chic ensemble with a black and white striped blazer, a color-block woolen t-shirt, and a pair of black high-waist shorts. Opt for a sassy shoe selection with a metallic tone ballerina flat or add a dash of edginess with a pointed ankle boot style court shoe.

What to Wear on Your First Day of Senior Year in College 3

Lastly, work in a few details with a pair of House of Harlow 1960 Seer’s gold jet black bar earrings and a charm toggle bracelet from Forever 21. Strap on a classic city handbag like this Asos top handle bag with a quilted flap and you’ll be ready for your first day back on campus.

Give into your inner tomboy with a tiger embroidered short sleeve sweatshirt  accented by a faux leather skirt for option #3. Uplift this monochromatic ensemble with a pair of Steve Madden Dianna peep toe ankle booties or get comfy in a pair of red wine hued wedge sneakers.

What to Wear on Your First Day of Senior Year in College 2

Pull the look together with a simple gold Chelsea vertical necklace, a pair of Betty Carre gold and beige stone long earrings, and a black hinge cuff bracelet. Lastly, make your way to class with a splurge-worthy designer iPad case like this gold studded Valentino option. And don’t forget to grab a trusty handbag like a Zara structured bowling bag to complete this look.

And once the weather has cooled down a bit, slip into a neon-trimmed wool-blend sweater dress with a pair of tall brown boots and a beige color-block structured handbag.

What to Wear on Your First Day of Senior Year in College 1

Work in a few statement pieces with a pair of gold earrings, a Vince Camuto horn necklace, and a pair of square-framed eyeglasses. For the finishing touch, spice things up with a Stella & Dot Chelsea leopard print covered mini iPad to house all of your lecture notes.

And there you have it! All of these pieces are so fab, I think I may have to nab a few for myself. What say you? Do any of these looks give you a few back-to-school ideas to work into your wardrobe?

BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I aint got a problem with people buying knockoff bags...but shoes?? No no!!

Shocked
im so surprised.. 
not you too... i wouldnt have thought you.. 
my feelings are hurt
OuchDead

i dont mind things like look-alike bandage dresses (it being labelled as herve is gross though).. but replica bags and shoes? 
Sleepy

LMAO. I'm sorry I let you down CryLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 5:00pm
August 20th, 2013
Fashion News, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Summer 2013 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards
By Danielle Nicole

So you ladies weren’t too pleased with my BET Awards wardrobe choices and felt as if I should have opted for a more “Gone With the Wind Fabulous” approach.
Well hopefully today’s What to Wear suggestions will have you singing a different tune! I’m giving it another go round for this year’s MTV Video Music Awards.

Lindsay writes, “I’m going to the VMAs this year! I have no clue what to wear. Cocktail? Funky two dress? I am at a loss and need some guidance! Hope you can help!”

When I think of the VMAs, I think of some of the industry’s hottest and most stylish celebs bringing a young, hip, and edgy vibe to the red carpet. And as an attendee, you should incorporate high fashion elements to your look but not necessarily dress in full on cocktail attire. Work in trendy statement pieces and bold hues to give your award show look a bit of pizzazz.

For look #1, slip into a figure-hugging silhouette like this Roberto Cavalli printed dress. Accent this flirty frock with a pair of Jimmy Choo Teazer satin-feather sandal or a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti metallic leather ankle wrap sandals.

What to Wear to the MTV VMAs
Pull the look together with an Alexander McQueen knuckle ring satin box clutch, a black open cuff, jewel snake earrings, and a vivid red lip.

Shimmer in a sequins mini dress uplifted by a pair of Christian Louboutin Exagona Crisscross platform sandals  for look #2. Compliment this glitzy number with a bold statement piece like a pair of black and white deco chandelier earrings or a Baublebar pendant necklace and a black pave belt clutch bag.

What to Wear to the MTV VMAs 1

Create a shimmery lid and opt for a matching neutral nail polish as the finishing touches.

For your final VMAs wardrobe option, reveal a little leg with a Topshop shoulder pad maxi dress with a thigh high slit. Liven up this sassy look with a pair of Jimmy Choo Lance mirror leather sandals, a printed box clutch, vintage gold and orange rhinestone sunburst earrings, and a Vince Camuto By the Horn bracelet.

What to Wear to the MTV VMAs 2

Cap things off with a sharp cat eye and a vivid bubblegum pink lipstick option.

And that’s it! What do you think? Have any of these looks given you an idea of what to wear for your moment at the VMAs?

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:47pm
Mama wants these
Evil Smile
Evil Smile
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:21pm
jesus i wish i could wear heals
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:13pm
August 23rd, 2013
Fashion News, Party, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
What to Wear this Weekend: 5 Fun Looks for Brunch, Church, and Beyond!
By Claire

So we’re inaugurating a new section today called What to Wear this Weekend, where we give you 5 looks perfect for brunch dates, concerts, church, and beyond! Curated by new intern Tori Sade, the ensembles will help you stay fly, whatever may come your way.
Let’s get started!
Grab brunch with your boos in a flowing maxi skirt from Zara, and complement with a form fitting cut out bralet top from Topshop:
Weekend Outfit Ideas casual 2013 what to wear this weekend flats brunch
Keep it cute with Steve Madden Marlenee heels, a Zara shopper bag, beaded necklace, and metal frame sunnies.

Not into heels for a casual outing? Slip on a pair of flats, like Loeffler Randal’s Lou options, and downplay the rest with washed leather shorts and a Helmut Lang shirt.
Weekend Outfit Ideas casual 2013 what to wear this weekend flats
Bring it all together with a Reed Krakoff Boxer Leather Tote, a gold chunky necklace, and Linda Farrow shades.

Transition from day to night in a dip dye playsuit, and keep it flirty with ASOS metal trimmed heels.
_Weekend-Outfit-Ideas-casual-2013-what-to-wear-this-weekend-flats-party-heels-
Wear Oliver Peoples sunglasses during the day, then slip them into a compact clutch for the evening.

Need another party option? Black and white is always nice, especially with pops of red for good measure.
what to wear this weekend fashion bomb daily black white pumps
Mix high and low with a Saint Laurent leather top and Zara cropped trousers. Complete with head turning Christian Louboutin spiked heels and a Miu Miu cracked leather tote.

Round out your weekend with prayer and worship in this stylish church ensemble.

Weekend Outfit Ideas casual 2013 what to wear this weekend flats church
A pretty peplum top plays well with a prim pencil skirt (the one featured is leather, but any other material will work as well). Pick up the shirt’s blue tones with simple sandals, and store your essentials in a box clutch.

And that does it!
Be sure to follow young Tori at ToriSade.com and on Instagram @ToriFBabyDoll.
What do you think of these looks? Would you wear ‘em this weekend?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style