Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT ARE YOU WEARING FOR FALL/WINTER 2013/2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 89>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 2.78  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 7:43pm

wonder if i'd have to sell my soul to get this long leather trench
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 7:06pm
Just wanted to let yall know that there's a sale for H&M. They actually have a nice selection of their website...
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:59am
didnt see anything i wanted. h&m hath disappointed me.  

HELP!

so now as my back still hasn't healed. everyone suggests I carry too much stuff to school (I carry an LV tote and a sturdy jansport backpack). Mind you this is going on 4th year for me, and i've NEVER had any back problems until after that STUPID hospital I go to school at did that 2nd surgery to take out my kidney stone August 9th.

Long story short, they're suggesting a messenger bag. I hate the way most of them look and I'm banned from LV at the moment. Can anyone suggest a nice one with a thick comfortable strap?? And by nice I mean sturdy, semi-fashionable, and can carry at least a MacBook Pro 13 inch or ipad and a 1.5 inch binder on a good day.   
Cough, and a pencil bag, water bottle, medical equipment, a wallet, a bag of pill bottles, and a makeup bag. Okay maybe I do carry too much....

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Sep 24 2013 at 12:02pm
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 7:49pm
September 24th, 2013
Kerry Washington, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Fall 2013 Style Inspiration: Five Scandal Premiere Olivia Pope Inspired Looks
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Tuesday Bombshells! I hope you all are having a fabulous start to your week. September is just about up which means Hello to cooler weather, pumpkin spice everything, chunky knits, and the return of our coveted Fall tv shows!

Today’s What to Wear request is from our very own Fashion Bomb staffer, Jihan, who writes, “Have we done one of these? Scandal is about to premiere and I’m sure it would be a hit. Work wear, gym wear, red carpet, brunch, press conference? Could be cute…”

I concur Jihan! I thought this was a wonderful What to Wear suggestion seeing as how Scandal is such a popular show and Ms. Kerry Washington was recently declared People Style Watch Magazine’s Most Stylish Woman. So why not pay a little style homage to her beloved character, Olivia Pope, just in time for the show’s October 3rd premiere?

Now I’ll be honest, I think I might be the only person who doesn’t tune in to watch the drama unfold on the ABC hit. But, I have noticed the stylish digs adorned by Kerry Washington as the head of the White House’s crisis management team and the president’s love interest (I do know that much about the show).  So I’ve taken a few notes in preparation for today’s Scandal inspired looks and have used Jihan’s suggestions for appropriate occasions in which to wear such an outfit. And with that being said, let’s jump into the first look…

Olivia Pope lives for a neutral color palette, so for a work-ready look, opt for a grey pencil skirt, topped with an embellished sleeve grey top, and Chinese Laundry Kristin Cavallari Copertina suede pumps.

Scandal Inspired Look 5

Incorporate a stylish print with a grey check trench coat mixed with a structured leather tote. For the final touch, soften your lids with a pink eyeshadow option and a deep burgundy lip.

An oversized coat in a pastel hue is right on trend for this season’s outerwear staple, and Olivia is known to rock a classically stylish coat, so for look #2, soften up a conservative grey trouser and white button up ensemble with a pale pink overcoat, a grey satchel handbag, and suede Saint Laurent pumps.

Scandal Inspired Look 1

Add an additional dose of femininity with a draped necklace and a pair of Kate Spade New York perforated leather gloves. Lastly, match your makeup palette to your ensemble with a soft pink blush, a complimenting mani, and a neutral eyeshadow.

Head out to brunch in a black and white plaid fitted dress (find a similar style here) uplifted by black patent leather peep toe pumps and a classic black tote.

Scandal Inspired Look 2

Spice up this printed frock with a pair of long leather gloves, Stella McCartney cat eye sunglasses, and pearl earrings.

Get fit and fab in a pair of grey workout leggings topped with an aqua hued long sleeve knit top and Reebok ZigQuick Fire Lightweight running shoes.

Scandal Inspired Look 3

Carry everything you’ll need to power through your workout including your iPhone, a pair of earbuds, water bottle, and flavored lip balm in a trusty gym bag.

Olivia attends her fair share of White House black tie events and this Oscar de la Renta number would be perfect for such an occasion.

Scandal Inspired Look 4

Accent this floor length gown with a pair of silver ankle-strap heels, a gold evening box clutch, and silver layered oval dangle earrings.

What do you think? Did you get your Olivia Pope style fix with today’s wardrobe suggestions?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 9:19am
October 1st, 2013
Fashion News, Shopping, Style Inspiration, Wedding, What to Wear
Fall 2013 Style Inspiration: 5 Roaring Twenties Inspired Looks
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Thursday Bombshells! It appears that summertime lovin’ has transitioned into the Fall cuffing season as happy couples make their way down the aisle to tie the knot and jump the broom. And this week’s wedding What to Wear inquiry is serving up a stylish twist.

Nikie writes, “I’m attending a wedding with a “Prohibition” theme and have no idea what to wear! I’m curvy and that drop waist flapper look may not be the most flattering. I wanna look classy, fun & sexy, but not like I’m in costume. Help!”

The best portrayal that comes to mind when I think of prohibition and the Roaring Twenties is the beloved literary novel, The Great Gatsby. The Roaring Twenties were all about decadence, overindulgence, and opulence. It was also the time when women’s fashion saw a dramatic change in dress. Ladies turned their backs to the demure style aesthetic of the Victorian era and gravitated toward shorter hemlines, plunging necklines, and of course the boyishly cropped ‘do, leading to the emergence of the “flapper” woman.

To give you a look that’s reminiscent of the fabulousness that was this era, I opted for fringed and feathered frocks, beaded baubles, and shimmering accents fit for a night of fun and celebration.

You can never go wrong with a little black dress, especially if the skirt is frilly and feathered.

Roaring Twenties

A metallic Mary Jane heel gives this look a retro feel while a beaded foldover clutch and an embellished black hair band mixed with a pearl pendant necklace and a pair of deco dangle earrings adds a touch of glamour.

Dress up a simple yet sexy satin slip dress with a beaded chiffon jacket and a pair of jeweled satin high heel sandals.

Roaring Twenties 1

Add a bit more sass with a feathered evening bag, silver geometric jeweled earrings, and a smoldering smoky eye.

Create a head to toe Gatsby-esque ensemble with an embellished lace skirt topped with a satin blouse, a swoon-worthy fox stole, and bronze Mary Jane pumps.

Roaring Twenties 3

Opt for an encrusted box clutch, a jeweled hair brooch, and crystal and pearl drop dangle earrings for an additional dose of sparkle. Give into a bold burgundy lip and a champagne hued lid for the finishing touch.

Nothing says glamour more than a floor length strappy gown in a metallic shade. Adding a fur stole and a pair of jewel embellished pewter pumps gives this look an old Hollywood feel.

Roaring Twenties 4

Mix in a pair of crystal and pearl drop earrings, a long draped necklace, sequin headband, and a soft pink lip.

For your final wardrobe option, embody the true essence of a flapper with a burgundy beaded dress accented by a velvet band and knot bow cloche hat and pewter strappy t-bar heeled sandals.

Roaring Twenties 2

Work in a few details with a long pearl necklace, a twist box clutch, and satin gloves. Cap things off with a matching dark berry lip and a smoky grey eye.

I hope you have a dazzling time! Which look will you recreate for your prohibition inspired wedding?

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 11:22am
Still looking for white thigh highs
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 11:28am
What to Wear to a Masquerade Ball 3
YES!
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 9:01pm
im annoyed that im just now noticing the helmut lang sale on gilt... Ermm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 5:08pm
For those that may be interested...

October 7th, 2013
Just Because, Shopping
Introducing: Claire’s Closet
By Claire

So after returning from Fashion Month and lamenting over the overwhelming amount of *stuff* in my tiny apartment, I decided to launch ClairesCloset.net to dispose of those items I might not need anymore.
introducing claires closet copy
Some things I can’t really wear more than a few times, and others I never had any business wearing anyway;)
There’s not a ton there (yet) because I’m a borderline hoarder/tend to get attached to my clothes. But the ones I can part with are there!
Visit ClairesCloset.net and check it out!
I’ll be adding new items every Monday.
Smootches!

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

didnt see anything i wanted. h&m hath disappointed me.  

HELP!

so now as my back still hasn't healed. everyone suggests I carry too much stuff to school (I carry an LV tote and a sturdy jansport backpack). Mind you this is going on 4th year for me, and i've NEVER had any back problems until after that STUPID hospital I go to school at did that 2nd surgery to take out my kidney stone August 9th.

Long story short, they're suggesting a messenger bag. I hate the way most of them look and I'm banned from LV at the moment. Can anyone suggest a nice one with a thick comfortable strap?? And by nice I mean sturdy, semi-fashionable, and can carry at least a MacBook Pro 13 inch or ipad and a 1.5 inch binder on a good day.   
Cough, and a pencil bag, water bottle, medical equipment, a wallet, a bag of pill bottles, and a makeup bag. Okay maybe I do carry too much....

this will probably sound stupid but you can't use those cases  with wheels like a suitcase w/ wheels? i noticed years ago when my daughter was in highschool some students actually used one of those..it wasn't huge just small enough to carry their school stuff..just a suggestion..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 89>