What Are You Reading Right Now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 49>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 1:39pm
S&F, i read that question and tried to decide whether or not you actually wanted a response.  90% of the time when im asked a questions on BHM the answer isnt as important to the person as the question.  so i decided to save thinking time and just not answer but i see i was wrong in this caseLOL

and now im going to bore you with the very long answer.

i like reading but i read mostly fiction and topics that interest me at the moment.  i have silly rules in my head and one rule is that what ever book i start i have to finish no matter how long it takes.  so asking me how long a book takes to read sounds like an easy question but its not.  ive read books in a day but ive also had one book that took well over 10 years and another took about 5 to 7 (dont judge me).

since i made up the rules i also know how to work around them.  for instance, i started  Babbitt and made it to page 34.  every single day for almost a year i look at the book but choose not to pick it up.  i know i will finish it before i hit the year mark but right now my heart isnt in it.  so to get around the rule ive been listening to audiobooks and reading books of different genres.

this leads to the second rule that i have, i must finish every book that i actually own. as of right now i think i only have 5 books in my collection including Babbitt that i have left to read before i can repurchase.    this again is were audiobooks come in since i get them off the internet and download them it also bypasses my rule. 

so how long does it takes me to read a book...girl i dont knowLOL
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 6:34am
No Disrespect  Sister Souljah
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 2:15pm
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:21am
My Infamous Life: The Autobiography of Mobb Deep's Prodigy
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 10:18am
The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 7:34pm
Kris Jenner and all things Kardashian, by Kris Jenner.
I just want to understand what goes through those people's mind, and so far I got that they believe they deserve everything they want (and they do get it, as you can see for their success) and that what matters to them is parties and material things.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

ive read books in a day but ive also had one book that took well over 10 years and another took about 5 to 7 (dont judge me).

what book is that that made you take so long to read? was it a long book or was it a boring book?LOL
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

ive read books in a day but ive also had one book that took well over 10 years and another took about 5 to 7 (dont judge me).

what book is that that made you take so long to read? was it a long book or was it a boring book?LOL

nah length doesnt matter to me but boring turns  what i enjoy into a chore.  one book was Sophie's World.  it was a book i used to carry around to read when i was stuck places but there was so much info (philosophy) that i kept putting it down because i needed to take notes to absorb it all.  if you saw the book youd laugh because im pretty sure its in the teen genreLOL well anyway i ended up either losing the book or giving it away because i still cant find it.  then when i wasnt thinking about it i found the audiobook which was great because it allowed me to take notes.  half way through the book the person just stopped posting so i was stuck.  a year goes by and i found the other half and picked up were i left off and finally finished it this year and loved it.

the second book was Pope Joan, the first few chapters of this book were dull beyond belief. i kept putting the book down and restating and finally just left it on my night table and literally looked at it every day for years.  fortunately, back then i hadnt adopted my rule of finishing every book i start.  but once i did start my rule about reading i couldnt just keep ignoring that book and finally read it.  im really glad i did because once i got throught the rough bits it picked up and turned out to be really interesting and worthwhile read. (its about a woman who pretends to be a man and becomes the pope)

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 10:00am
Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 6:58am
Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 49>