Actually just took some before seeing this! The left one of course is before adding the pad. I had to tweak the instructions a bit to work for me. I used the Sally's for the knots and also to the pad since it was too light. That combo was too much though. Also using a whole pad made the part too thick and stiff, so it looked too much like a regular full head wig. After *plenty* of trial and error, I wiped away some of the sallys from the lace (got too orange!) and replaced the whole pad with a new one I cut in half and stretched to get flat. I also moved it *further* from the hairline, which worked better for me. Finally, since my part is still more orange than I'd like and I'm just hoping it fades when I wash, I fussed with the hair to have a messier part and disguise some of the orangeyness.
When I get a chance later, I'll also bleach the knots. It's a work in progress but definitely an improvement!