Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what am I doing wrong??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:43pm
Please update with pictures, the silicon pads can be purchased from CVS or Walgreens
Sponsored Links

bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:50pm
Actually just took some before seeing this! The left one of course is before adding the pad. I had to tweak the instructions a bit to work for me. I used the Sally's for the knots and also to the pad since it was too light. That combo was too much though. Also using a whole pad made the part too thick and stiff, so it looked too much like a regular full head wig. After *plenty* of trial and error, I wiped away some of the sallys from the lace (got too orange!) and replaced the whole pad with a new one I cut in half and stretched to get flat. I also moved it *further* from the hairline, which worked better for me. Finally, since my part is still more orange than I'd like and I'm just hoping it fades when I wash, I fussed with the hair to have a messier part and disguise some of the orangeyness.

When I get a chance later, I'll also bleach the knots. It's a work in progress but definitely an improvement!

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:16am
the density is super light. You might want to darken the lace with rit dye. the lace is to light.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:27am
Yes it does look better then before, when I use the silicon pads I cut them into strips and place it exactly where I want my part to be. I put a little foundation powder on the sticky side of the pad and it works pretty good for me. You said you are going to bleach the knots is the unit virgin hair or was it processed for color? I posted a picture of what my parts look like when I use the silicon pads.

Edited by starliteboo - Feb 06 2013 at 6:31am
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:35am
from looking at the pictures the knots arent really the problem they looked like they have been bleached or altered in some way. its the fact the the unit is very light in density. The pads I use are CVS brand and they move like skin so you dont get that stiffness, if the silicone pads dont work for you you can try the coban wrap method but just keep in mind that because of the units density your going to have alot of lace showing 
dorislesure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorislesure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:18am
mayb u need just more of those big hole ventilated with more hair..   

dorislesure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorislesure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:19am
o thats alot better...go goingSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:32am
Your knots need bleaching that will help some then use the silicon pad . You alway have to tweak a unit when you buy it and more so a stock unit If your not comffortable bleaching the not with bleach you can faux bleach then with sally hansen spray for leg and then use makeup near your scalp color for the inside of your part. Hope that helps Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic