Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

what am I doing wrong??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what am I doing wrong??
    Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:15pm
Hey ladies,

Got my lisa raye wig from rpg show and was extra excited. So, I love everything but the part...which is the most important thing! My lace is *extra* visible and doesn't look real at all. I get that I need to bleach the knots, but this is more of an issue with the lace, which seems like its holes are too big. I just plopped it on my head. Am I missing a step? Do I need to be wearing something underneath so the lace blends? This wig cost me an arm and a leg...please help!

a pic is here: 

Edited by bizchick86 - Feb 05 2013 at 2:20am
Sponsored Links

starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:31pm
Have you tried using the silicon pads to give it a more scalp appearance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:27am
Is that what people normally do? Is it abnormal to have my lace look like this? 

I emailed them and they responded immediately. But the vendor said that's how they all look. Show me the receipts!! Cause those YT gurus have their lace wigs lookin all kinds of natural and nothing like this mess. 
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:42am
use the silicone pads, you can get them from CVS the CVS brand for about $20.knots are normally that big, was this a stock unit? most stock units are light to medium density so thats pretty normal but once you find a natural scalp method that works for you, you should be good
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:00am
You can read the info from this thread for help on creating a natural looking scalp

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:05am
I agree with IloveLife. silicone pads
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:49am
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 10:58am
Yep silicon pads will help. Looks like you have on a black wig cap....maybe its the color of the cap you have as well?
Kashonda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:20pm
This thread is just what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:55pm
I didn't put on any type of cap. Put the bad boy straight on my head from the box. But I'll look into the pads. Thanks starlite and my fellow BHMers!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic