Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mwhite1108 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Western Union Just refused my money transfer
    Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 1:27am
I am so pissed.  I have read every entry on this forum in regards to Lace Fronts. I finally decided to go forward with my purchase.  I went throuh Western Union online.  I even go at MTCN #, but until my transaction could be completed I had to call the "Please contact us at 1-877-989-3268 to speak with a Customer Service Representative and complete your order." So I called the number.  They start asking me all kinds of questions, and then asked me if I new the person I was sending the money to personally... (yeah right, I got friends in China").  Then they asked me if I new anyone personally who new the person I was sending the money to.  I tried to explain that I was satisfied with the purchase that I was making and I was satisfied with my research, and furthermore I am more than satisfied that my Sista's on BlackHairMedia.com would not lead me to someone fraudgently.  And then I told them it wasn't their choice and if I was will to take a chance with my money what business is it fo theirs.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I am mad.  And after all that they told me they could not except my money transfer, and my transaction would be voided.  So now what.  Can somebody please help me make sense of what just happened?  Ho are you ladies getting your transactions complete?  I need help because I want my lace fronts.  Thank you for you help and support.

Margaret
Sponsored Links

2coreysluvum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 1:34am
The same thing happened to me.. You just have to walk in to Western Union and do the transaction personally. They don't ask any questions then.
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 1:42am
No... something's not right.  Online, it stopped my transaction, but when I called, I verified some information, and they sent it within seconds.  No more questions asked.  All in my pajamas in my home in front of my computer.

I've been wiring business transactions to China for a couple years, and half the time they stop the online transaction, so I just complete it over the phone.  Never any problems.  Something else is going, I would call and bother them until they tell you the real story behind it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 1:44am
Thank you.  I will do this tomorrow.   I am trying to stop the steam from coming out my ears.  I understood that as an employee of WU you are there to protect the consumer, but let me decide if I want to risk my own money or not.  Girl I could have jumped throuh that phone and really did some damage. 
tinkabelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 2:07am
Same thing happend to me when I attempted to do my online western union tranfer.   After being referred to the 1-800 number, I spoke to the WU rep and she bombarded me with all types of questions.  She ask me did I know the vendor personally, do I know any other people that live in China,  etc.    I'm wondering if WU receive a lot of calls from us ladies attempting to place  our wig orders because she was asking me so any questions about what I was buying  to the point that I just had to lie to her because it seems that she was using me for info instead of assisting me in placing my order or aiding me in anyother way.  Furthermore, the phone call ended with my order not being sent, she basically suggested that she was suspending it and that I should think about, even though I  persuade her heavily that it I was o.k. with sending my money overseas.  Cry
starrrdust143 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 10:23am

All of you are Terrorists!! I knew it!  I'm contacting the Feds.  Wait a second....MWhite said she mentioned the board, right?  D*** it, I'm gettin' outta here!  They've probably already cookied my computer!  Save yourselves!!!!

Seriously, it's a combo of reasons.  The recent scams (Nigeria and the like), the negotiations between China and the US over import/exports, and the liabilty (even if they claim they have none) that WU faces.  I think that in person they are willing to risk a little more because maybe they have your signature and personally ID. That knocks off some of the liability.  At least this is my opinion.  So, get up off your cheeks, gain exercise while saving money, and go into a WU location.  I mean, there is like a $30.00-$40.00 or so difference.

Edited by starrrdust143 - Apr 23 2006 at 10:26am
mirason View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by starrrdust143 starrrdust143 wrote:

All of you are Terrorists!! I knew it!  I'm contacting the Feds.  Wait a second....MWhite said she mentioned the board, right?  D*** it, I'm gettin' outta here!  They've probably already cookied my computer!  Save yourselves!!!!

Seriously, it's a combo of reasons.  The recent scams (Nigeria and the like), the negotiations between China and the US over import/exports, and the liabilty (even if they claim they have none) that WU faces.  I think that in person they are willing to risk a little more because maybe they have your signature and personally ID. That knocks off some of the liability.  At least this is my opinion.  So, get up off your cheeks, gain exercise while saving money, and go into a WU location.  I mean, there is like a $30.00-$40.00 or so difference.

Yes, i agree with you Starr...I personally go in person to do such transaction...Now, i heard that they can stop you for sending over $5,000 in one month...like i said i heard that before...They somehow keep a record of what you are sending overseas and they want to make sure that people are doing some legit business...ya know??
myangel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2006 at 8:18am
This JUST happened to me too!!! I did the transfer online and when I called to verify she said she could not complete it. And I even lied and told her I knew the Kevincn personally.
I guess I will have to find a WU and go in person after work. This makes me mad because I understand they are trying to protect you but they have no right to tell people how to spend their money!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2006 at 1:57am
Finally, I was able to pay for my order thru WU.  Do not try it over the internet.  They are extremely cautious and will treat you like a terrorist.  Go to a walk up counter and they won't ask any questions.  Now I will wait for my LF.  Thank you all for your support, guidance, and words of wisdom.

starrrdust143 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2006 at 4:21am
Glad you got it taking care of.  Yeah girl you've gotta go to that counter and let them get you on those survelience (sp?) cams. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic