Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Weight --do you tell your friends/family...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:42pm

@ Tatee IA but it seems all of these articles out here will tell you that if u gain weight and need clothes...buy your size.  Don't wait till you loose weight because you'll walk around a HAM with everything bubbling and frothing out your clothes.  And I believed them.  Cause after all who wants to walk around giving big girls a bad name.

smh.  that was a mistake.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:47pm
besides...in most cases even if you try to be nice about it..it is almost always taken wrong by most people.  It's a sensitive issue because folks have to address why the weight came on in the first place...especially if they gained extreme amounts.
I had my boy tell me I need to get this weight off. I simply said "I know" because I know he's worried for my health just... like I nag him about his situation.  That chile got the sugar and it seems to be a domino affect in regards to his health.
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:10pm
I don't say sh*t to anybody, but when I gained 10-15, people didn't have any problems telling me and telling me and telling me and telling me. Now that I lost it,  most of them haven't said anything now...smh lol..
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 3:20pm
I used to , Now just do blank stares and give confused looks. It is a relative who I love dearly who needs to lose weight but has such a nice/nasty attitude I gave up. She is not ready for her truth, about her weight or anything involved with planet earth. If you say anything Stevia tears come so why bother.

She gets a bunch of mmmmhmm , I know and I hope that works out for you. . The whole time we together it's shade, reads and digs and ion have time for that.

Edited by Princess Grace - Jan 14 2014 at 3:25pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 3:27pm
We members of the Chunky Butts Association know we are plump/chunky/chubby/heavier/downright fat as hell, but if it makes anyone feel better to state the obvious, go right ahead.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 4:52pm

nope

now if they ASK me if they are fat, i will tell the truth

but just randomly say "hey you know you're fat right?" nope.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

I dunno why people act like fat people don't know they're fat

Or like its their civic duty to inform them.....
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:28pm
My family comments on everything. . Down to asking what size u are "now".
Goes both ways if you get skinny too.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:43pm
No . I try to maintain a healthy weight to live longer at my age , but never stress about a few pounds . My husband will only say something if i loose too much .
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

No . I try to maintain a healthy weight to live longer at my age , but never stress about a few pounds . My husband will only say something if i loose too much .
I'd be the same way.LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>