Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weight --do you tell your friends/family...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 4:38pm
I dunno why people act like fat people don't know they're fat
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:50am
sorry guys...link fixed

thanks tatee

Edited by Wildfire - Jan 14 2014 at 9:54am
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:50am
I don't have any fat friends/ family members
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 11:22am
I tell, and also remind them of our family's medical history.

Yes, people do have mirrors but sometimes a loved one kindly inquiring is the push they need to be more concerned. Well, in my family at least.
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 11:36am
i dont like to point out the obvious
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:00pm
My husband and I have gained weight and didn't notice. We just be eating and going about with our lives and then I weigh myself and I have gained like 10lbs. But I would imagine going from a size 4 to a size 20 would be very noticeable. 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:02pm
All fat people .. know that they are fat.

Gaining 5 - 10 pounds might be a pinch in your clothes but if you go from a 6 to a 20 ... you know you are fat.

Friends don't have to explicitly TELL you that you are fat .. but you can see it in their eyes and the way they either obviously ignore it or make excuses/overlook for your weight gain.

Ultimately it is the fat person that's got to face facts though .. so no, I would not say anything unless they brought it up ... then I would talk about healthy eating, activity and exercise.

That's as far as I would go .. without some prompting from the fat person directly.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:28pm
No. 
I've spoken with friends and fams when they've lost weight and they all said nearly the same thing.  The weight creeps up and u ignore it. U buy a bigger size pair of pants and say i'll get the weight off later...all the while you're weight is creeping up.  U continue to buy bigger clothes because after all everyone says buy your current size till the weight comes off. U know but u don't know accept it till one day u look in the mirror 50lbs heavier and really see the damage your body has taken.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

No. 
I've spoken with friends and fams when they've lost weight and they all said nearly the same thing.  The weight creeps up and u ignore it. U buy a bigger size pair of pants and say i'll get the weight off later...all the while you're weight is creeping up.  U continue to buy bigger clothes because after all everyone says buy your current size till the weight comes off. U know but u don't know accept it till one day u look in the mirror 50lbs heavier and really see the damage your body has taken.

it has been my rule my entire adult life to never buy a larger size when clothes are tight because it make any weight gain permanent instead of temporary.
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:38pm
I have a friend whose weight has gotten out of control. She's short (about 5'1) and when she got married nine years ago she weighed maybe 125. Now she's probably 170. I can't tell her to lose weight because I'm naturally skinny and being this size comes easy to me. Our mutual friend will have to take that on.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style