Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Planning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:12pm
idk if I've ever heard of a budget Nigerian wedding especially since y'all do 2 ceremonies traditionally
the best way is to have a small wedding but good luck with that as a Nigerian lol

Congratulations and best wishes on your future union!
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

is he nigerian too?

You shouldn't even ask bunny. Den nuh muss.

Congratulations UpittyClapStar
just-joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote just-joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:20pm
I'm Nigerian and just got married three months ago.  I don't think there's a way to really cut down costs.  What I did, since we had a two day event, was let everyone and their mama came to the trad engagement and was particularly selective with who came to the wedding (still 250, but better then most I know). 

What I find with our weddings since there's mass contribution, it also come with mass opinions, which is very stressful when it comes to planning. 
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I've helped plan or been in several weddings the last year...

-My sis was going to rent her wedding dress from a place here in la where you rent couture/designer gowns for red carpet events and such. It's actually pretty inexpensive but she ended up buying a dress from someone who had a custom wedding dress made and got a great deal (because it was designed just to fit the one girl so she had to sell it cheap).
-Ordered wedding dress (200$) and bridesmaid dresses (about 100$) from Simply Bridal. I've actually worn my bridesmaid dress like 3 times already so it was a good deal.

The only thing people consistently spent a lot on were photographers/videographers. If memories are important to you, that's one place you don't want to go cheap.

I read about sample sales online, but I didn't know about renting a dress. I will look in how much that costs. Thanks!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

idk if I've ever heard of a budget Nigerian wedding especially since y'all do 2 ceremonies traditionally
the best way is to have a small wedding but good luck with that as a Nigerian lol

3 ceremonies

Thanks!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by just-joy just-joy wrote:

I'm Nigerian and just got married three months ago.  I don't think there's a way to really cut down costs.  What I did, since we had a two day event, was let everyone and their mama came to the trad engagement and was particularly selective with who came to the wedding (still 250, but better then most I know).

What I find with our weddings since there's mass contribution, it also come with mass opinions, which is very stressful when it comes to planning. 

This was my mom's suggestion. I wanted to keep both at a max of 200, but you know Nigerians.

Congrats on becoming a newlywed.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:48pm
i was gonna say pm ITD... but hers probably isnt budget friendly.. 
id love to hear the details of her wedding though 

anyways.. i got nothin. 
congrats though 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:53pm
I don't envy you...cultural expectations can be extra. As long as no one's going into debt over it, I say just enjoy yourself and don't worry about the money. My sis married someone from a culture where wedding festivities usually last a week, have several ceremonies, and the whole tribe/clan/village is expected to be invited, accommodated, and fed. They did the complete opposite and were happy about it.

Thank god I don't have to deal with that...I'll be rolling to the courthouse in my pj's to sign the paperwork and then ordering pizza and getting back in bed.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

3 ceremonies

Thanks!

lol I remember when my friend was planning her wedding...she was going to have a ceremony in America, Nigeria and in Italy [he is Italian]

Nigerian and Indian weddings go HARD
Senior Detective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:49pm
what kind of monetary gifts r u expecting?  $100, 200, 250 check in a card?Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>