BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Wedding Planning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Planning
    Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:44pm
You getting married Uppity?Evil Smile
Sponsored Links

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:45pm
What are some things you or someone you know have done to keep wedding cost down?
Senior Detective View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:51pm
is he nigerian too?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:51pm
Not anytime this year. We're just planning and getting an idea of a potential budget so we can figure out when we'll be able to afford it.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:56pm
congrats!!!

he's not footing the whole bill?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

is he nigerian too?

Of course.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

is he nigerian too?

Of course.
just asking cuz I know yall weddings be decked out big & colorful.  idk how to save money with all that comes with a nigerian wedding.  I'm pro elope, I know ur fam aint tryna hear that thoLOL

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

congrats!!!

he's not footing the whole bill?

Thanks, though I'm not officially engaged yet. No, him, his parents, and my parents will contribute, hence the we. I have only my exquisite taste of offer. I'm just a lowly student.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:02pm
u should pm Limalady.  I think I remember her talking about the traditional weddings & posting pics
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 1:08pm
I've helped plan or been in several weddings the last year...

-My sis was going to rent her wedding dress from a place here in la where you rent couture/designer gowns for red carpet events and such. It's actually pretty inexpensive but she ended up buying a dress from someone who had a custom wedding dress made and got a great deal (because it was designed just to fit the one girl so she had to sell it cheap).
-Ordered wedding dress (200$) and bridesmaid dresses (about 100$) from Simply Bridal. I've actually worn my bridesmaid dress like 3 times already so it was a good deal.
-Free officiants (they were family friends).
-Catered it themselves with their favorite foods (ordered from restaurants...for example, indian food for dinner and krispy kreme and sprinkles cupcakes for dessert) and didn't specify they were ordering for a wedding.
-Got the wedding party and friends to pay for stuff (for example, I provided the drinks for one wedding).
-Had small weddings. (One was just parents and siblings...others were less than 100 people total)
-Free venue.
-All my family members had their rings designed by my mom's jeweler...so they got something unique, custom, and for a great price.

The only thing people consistently spent a lot on were photographers/videographers. If memories are important to you, that's one place you don't want to go cheap.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic